Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Z10 Sound Profiles

Yes, just saw the necropost dates and edited the post Smiley Wink
-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. Smiley Happy
Contributor
My Device: 11

I downloaded an app called emergency alert. From the app world as a work around.
Forums Advisor III

Hub++ is also an option in app world I think.
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch

Is anyone aware of any new updates on this issue? 

I am a small business owner, and we have been long term Blackberry users.  We have held off on upgrading our phones in anticipation of the Z10, but this situation is incredibly disappointing.  We rely heavily on email for our business and without separate notifications; we will be dead in the water.

We sent a lengthy letter to Blackberry explaining the need, but didn’t not even get an acknowledgement from customer service.

Now that you all have had an opportunity to use the work arounds....are they worth using, or are you still feeling crippled?

Contributor

Worth It for what I need how every with emergency alert app it only had 1 sound that sounds like a laser. It's too bad it won't let me pick my own. Didn't check out hub++ since I already paid for emergency alert. It does the job
Forums Advisor III

I have not tried it yet (because I believe that Blackberry will implement this into the OS in the future and it isn't that big of a deal for me) but I believe that Hub++ offers more detail than the other one sounds like.

New Contributor
My Carrier: AT&T

Ghard1 - my phone does ring when in bedside mode; there is a setting for it.  Follow these steps -

1. On the home screen, swipe down from top of the screen and select the "Alarm" option

2. When you see the clock, swipe down from the top again to see help, bedside mode, and Clock settings

3. Select "Clock Settings" and see the option "Phone Calls in Bedside Mode" - turn that to On.

You should be set... hopefully this helps!

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z30, Z10, Q10, Q5
My Carrier: Koodo

I found an app Called Hub++ It would allow you to be in Phone call only mode and set up a filter to still alert one particular email.

Hope that helps. It's a paid app with many more features def. worth checking out.

The Dev is also very responsive.

My Carrier: Verizon

[ Edited ]

Z10 user for 6 days.

Today I noticed a terrible omission regarding profiles.  In the past I had X Y and Z sound profiles under each profile each item which received alerts could be adjusted individually for each profile. It appears now that each item which receives an alert has only one global setting and when a profile is applied it overrides sound or vibrate etc.

for example in the past-

email on "Vibrate only" I could define LED to blink and Vibrate to vibrate.

email on "Normal" i could define LED only to blink and nothing else.

On the Z10-

email on "Vibrate only" I can define LED to blink and Vibrate to vibrate

email on "Normal", the settings defined for vibrate follow the "email" setting, so if I set it for LED only, when I switch back to "Vibrate only" vibrate is disabled and only the LED indication is enabled.

BB developers please, please, please give me back my old profile configurations, this is one of the primary reasons I have remained a BB loyalist.

Each profile should have a list of alerts that are separate from every other profile. If I have 5 profile options this means there should be 5 setting configurations for alerts form email, sms, IM, etc... Not just some semblance of multiple profiles that only disables or enables a global alert function when you change the profile.

This omission seems like you wanted users to believe it was the same for sales purposes only. I understand the OS coding is completely different than it previously was, but as "Communications" device this is a key differentiator between you and other touch OS's.

Contributor

Here! Here!