Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: bold
My Carrier: rogers

Re: Z10 Sound Profiles

[ Edited ]

Brilliant!  Thanks so much for this Marlostar.  I would have never found it.  I am sure there are tons of things on this phone I have no idea about.  Thanks again for your help.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch

Check out this link regarding the new alert features....looks like Apple is catching on with the Iphone 5s or 6 (ignore the 4G 2010 stuff, thats not what it is, I think they just forgot to update the link).

http://clandestine.hubpages.com/hub/The-NEW-iPhone-4G-Coming-2010

Sounds like this is what we are all looking for.  Blackberry better get their act together quickly....

Highlighted
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: O2 UK

I'm really disappointed with lack of this feature, it was for me like Brand feature (I mean level of device customization). I believe BB shouldn't leave it behind, maybe they need to do an option which would add features for advanced/power users (like special mode - not only for profiles Smiley Wink ). I feel like loads of customization possibilities have been taken away to make this system more "user" (read. Dumb) friendly.

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Verizon

I am on day 10 with the Z10 and I did realize the missing ability to add profiles but I did not realize that when in 'Normal' profile changing the volume using the side buttons has no effect on the ring volume.  Maybe it has always been this way but at least you could have low, medium and loud profiles previously.  Wow, this may be a deal breaker and I may need to use my 14 day return policy.   I actually can not believe they would leave out such a critical option.  And on that thought alone I may need to jump ship.  

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

In OS 10.1 the volume keys can be set to adjust notifications volume. The update should be coming very soon.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

JSmith422 wrote:

Check out this link regarding the new alert features....looks like Apple is catching on with the Iphone 5s or 6 (ignore the 4G 2010 stuff, thats not what it is, I think they just forgot to update the link).

http://clandestine.hubpages.com/hub/The-NEW-iPhone-4G-Coming-2010

Sounds like this is what we are all looking for.

I stopped after this sentence:

"and the best part - it will be in a variety of colors!!!! ".

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor
My Device: Q5

Same here.  I am using the new Blackberry 10 OS on my phone.  I cannot find where I can customize the sound profile.  This is a VERY BIG INCONVENIENT.  I don't know why Blackberry does not keep this good feature in the in Z10 OS which exists in other Blackberry OS.   

PLEASE BRING THIS FEATURE BACK IN THE NEXT UPDATE...... Blackberry  (sorry I had to use CAPS to emphasize my disappointment).

My Device: z10
My Carrier: att

Go settings, notifications, look for mode. It is there on mine.