Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Solutions: 6,380
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Z10 Stopped Working after updating to 4181 MR Update!

dave, I would also suggest you use this method in the link...

Upgrading OS10 devices using Autoloader

Use the "For Z10 models 100-1, -2, -3, -4: Download the 10.1.0.4537"

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

The thing about these solutions is that the phone must be found and detected by the Windows PC which it does not. We need to assume my phone has no OS loaded on it at all.

I have called customer service now, and because my phone was a "demo" phone given out for testing purposes to a Telus employee, it was never entered in their inventory. Because of this, they are unable to file a repair request to BlackBerry.

I am trying to contact BlackBerry via Twitter, but I don't think this is the best way of contacting BlackBerry. Do you have any ideas how I can go about doing that? I want to send it in for warranty repair myself.

Contributor

Your suggestion did not work.

Telus says they cannot find the IMEI in their inventory so they are unable to help me. They say to contact BlackBerry directly since I bought from an unauthorized retailer I guess.

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Passport & PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

When you say "Demo" I guess it is truly a "demo" you need to call the party who gave you the Z10 or like Telus said call BlackBerry sorry I tried to help out!
My Carrier: Movistar

Hi Dave

I have the exact problem with the phone and have done everything Rob Gambino said but nothing seems to work.

In my case the phone gives an error code A00000049 which i have not been able to find out what it means.

I also have the same problem with the carrier because I bought my phone through Amazon and the carrier does not want to receive the phone.

Have you been able to find a way to send the phone to blackberry directly? Thanks in advance

Solutions: 6,380
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

fluciani wrote:

Hi Dave

I have the exact problem with the phone and have done everything Rob Gambino said but nothing seems to work.

In my case the phone gives an error code A00000049 which i have not been able to find out what it means.

I also have the same problem with the carrier because I bought my phone through Amazon and the carrier does not want to receive the phone.

Have you been able to find a way to send the phone to blackberry directly? Thanks in advance

Where and on what screen do you see this error "A00000049"?

You likely bought an non-warranty device then, if from Amazon.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Highlighted
Contributor

Which carrier does the phone you bought belong to though? When I contacted BlackBerry directly they told me that all warranty's are through the carrier. Telus is the original carrier for my phone (box shows Telus SKU numbers and UPC with same IMEI as the phone), but they say they cannot find the IMEI listed in their scanned/sold inventory and that I am best contacting BlackBerry directly for my warranty...

...But BlackBerry says all warranty's are through carriers. LOOPING ME Smiley Sad

Forums Advisor II
My Device: Z10 10.2.1.3247
My Carrier: T-Mo USA

But where did you actually BUY the phone? 

Contributor
My Carrier: Movistar

When I go into the backberry link, or backberry.com/update, you have to press for 10 second the off switch, then the Phone brings a green light and it procced to load the OS, about 3/4 of that process the green light comes off and at the laptop screen there is a messege saying Fatal error [A:00000049].

With regards to the warrantee, if the phone has a hardware problem BB has one year guarrantee (or at least that is what i read on the warrante information that came with the phone.

The problem is who stablish the phone has a hardware problem if no one wants to take it for inspection?

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry z 10
My Carrier: bell canada

I had same issue. I had to do restore to original. Factory setting go back through original set up then reinstall back up I did before install update working again only issue is no Facebook access now still trying to figure out