Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Optus

Z10 Strange Battery Issue

Like 90% of other Z10 users I've been having major battery issues.

The strange thing is it's only being an issue over night.  I'm going through most of the day using only about 20% battery power.  Going to bed at night with about 95% charge, alarm on notifications turned off then within about 6 hours the battery is drained to 0%, I'm finding myself waking up at 3am just to check the find to find it's drained and I have to plug it into the charger.  It didn't do this over the weekend however, could it be the alarm eating all the battery?

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Z10 Strange Battery Issue

First, it's not like 90% of other Z10 users.

Try a reboot of the device. Remove and reinsert the battery.

If it continues, download an app called "Advanced App Manager" and see if there are any applications running in the background. If so, kill them and see if it continues.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Z10 Strange Battery Issue

no, not the battery.
on the other hand there may be floating processes in the Android runtime.

I suggest you install the app named "Advanced Manager" from BlackBerry World. It will display those floating apps, and can kill them.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: