Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 - STL100-3
My Carrier: Bell Canada

Re: Z10 Tips, Tricks and Shortcuts

Depends on how long you hold your finger on the screen.  First it highlights the word you are touching, then it highlights the entire paragraph containing the word, then it starts scrolling down to highlight text below that paragraph.

Once you lift your finger, text will be selected.  Touch the highlight text again, and the sidebar will appear where you can copy, cut, share, copy all, open FaceFlow and bring up the rich text top menu bar.  

It's pretty slick once you get the hang of it! 

Smiley Happy

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

thnx man...

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Z10, PlayBook
My Carrier: Rogers

Stumbled across this in the Crackberry forums...not sure if it's been posted but a seriously great tip. I've long wondered how to get the media player to not pick my ring tones as media and the solution is to put them in the /voice folder (in a sub folder is a good idea) and the media player will no longer find them to include in its playlist. Now when I listen to my BlackBerry music over bluetooth in the car I am no longer freaked out by the psycho ring tone set for my ex that open pops up Smiley Happy
Find me on the Twitters! @jeffgerard
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

so you put your ringtone files in a subfolder of the /voice/ folder ?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor
My Device: Z10, PlayBook
My Carrier: Rogers

Xandrex yup...works like a charm!
Find me on the Twitters! @jeffgerard
Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Give that man a gold star! or a Like Smiley Wink

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Fold all your tones in a single voice

Do not become Thy music by choice

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor
My Device: Z10- Torch 9810 (with OS Neo Prime hybrid) - Torch 9800- Playbook- Fire Kindle HD- Galaxy S3
My Carrier: T-mobile

can anyone tip how to solve this?  I installed the os version 10.1.0.4651 on the STL-100-1. Now I finally have skype.. only 5 months after OS 10 is been out, anyway... as i had to do a fresh install that resolved one of my big problems with this phone, and that is that my contacts list was totally  screwed up with doubles and triple and there was no way to wipe out all of my contacts (good job blackberry), however that created another problem apparently.

With a fresh installed OS and after spending hours on forums and online trying to figure out how to have only one contact list syncronized (my g-mail) now my Z10 has an identical contact list as my gmail together with photos and my contacts... BUT... now when I get phone calls from friends in my contact list their name or picture does not show up when they call only the phone number, so i don;t even know that a friend in my contact list is calling me,  Is any one having the same issue with the G-mail contact list? Any ideas how to resolve the problem?

The second tip is regarding the wifi calling, I am using T-mobile prepaid and when I installed thisnew Os version it asked if I wanted to enable wifi calling which i agreed as I thought it was a great idea but now, when I am conected to wifi and people call me the phone does not ring and the callers are sent straight to voice mail, any one else experienced this and if so any tips to avoid the problem? 

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Those are great preloads..can't believe I've been stumbling along without those. Thanks!

TConom
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Yes, Sideswipe, was a great News app. They disappeared. Have written their email several times and no reply. So there's no really good news apps unless you like left wing stuff, NYT or Canadian or Chinese news. USA today is ok.
TConom