Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Samsung Galaxy S2, Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung Galaxy Note 4, BlackBerry Torch 9800, BlackBerry Z10, Blackberry Z30, BlackBerry Priv
My Carrier: Fido

Re: Z10 Tips, Tricks and Shortcuts

We, Blackberry lovers, all admired the Porsche design - specialy the clock. Now, here is what you can do on your BB Z10 to have that 

1. First, open "clock" and then go to "World clock" mode

2. Select  "Add" and in the search window type in fostah then tap "Cancel"

3. You`ll be back at the "World clock" main page. Now swipe down from the top and .... surprise! You will see a tab called "Backdoor". Enter!

4. Now you are looking at the "Backdoor controls" page and on the bottom you should see "Emulate Porsche Design HW". Turn it on.

5. Now close the "Clock" app then re-open it and go to "Clock settings". Do you see it yet? lol.... select "analog" or "digital" and there you go!

Hope you enjoy the "Porsche design clock" ! 

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Airtel India

Excellent :-)

Leslie8120 wrote:

We, Blackberry lovers, all admired the Porsche design - specialy the clock. Now, here is what you can do on your BB Z10 to have that 

1. First, open "clock" and then go to "World clock" mode

2. Select  "Add" and in the search window type in fostah then tap "Cancel"

3. You`ll be back at the "World clock" main page. Now swipe down from the top and .... surprise! You will see a tab called "Backdoor". Enter!

4. Now you are looking at the "Backdoor controls" page and on the bottom you should see "Emulate Porsche Design HW". Turn it on.

5. Now close the "Clock" app then re-open it and go to "Clock settings". Do you see it yet? lol.... select "analog" or "digital" and there you go!

Hope you enjoy the "Porsche design clock" ! 

Developer
My Device: Passport
My Carrier: T-Mobile USA

[ Edited ]

(referring to activating the porsche clock UI)

I assume this is for 10.2 and later only? (backdoor controls do not show the Porsche Design button on the 10.1 clock app)

Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

MisterT wrote:

(referring to activating the porsche clock UI)

I assume this is for 10.2 and later only? (backdoor controls do not show the Porsche Design button on the 10.1 clock app)

Yes, once you have updated to Software version 10.2.0.429  or higher. On the Z10.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: PRIV STV100-1 OS Android 6.0.1
My Carrier: AT&T (USA)

[ Edited ]

shahnam wrote:

not read ,after 15 min red led stops blinking!!!is this wrong?

JSanders wrote:

That has been the case with the older legacy device BlackBerrys.

Mine doesn't sit long enough to see how long the red light will blink!

True, it has been the case the LED indicator eventually stops blinking for Blackberrys (let's agree on 15 minutes); however, I've noticed on my Z10 (have had 3 days and loving it!!!) when the LED indicator stops blinking (i.e., when notifications received overnight), the red indicator at the top right of the specificic notification icon also disappears.  Just the specific notification icon appears on the lock "home" screen; unlike Blackberrys prior to BB10.

Edit:  12/25/2013:  A slight modification.  Upon checking the phone this morning 4 texts and one Twitter Direct message were received over night.  LED indicator had long stopped blinking as normal.  On the lock "home" screen the Twitter and Text icons were displayed; however, the red indicator at the top right was only not displaying for the Texts icon; it was displaying for the Twitter icon, and also on the Twitter App icon on my Home Screen.

TheFANforRPM
Blackberry PRIV since 12/28/2015 with AT&T (USA)
Contributor
My Device: PRIV STV100-1 OS Android 6.0.1
My Carrier: AT&T (USA)

I have thoroughly enjoyed reading all 30 pages.  I actually feel I have a tip.

When in the Hub with the main (top) Hub icon highlighted, I have found it very helpful to slide the Hub reading pane almost all the way to the left edge.  I found out by accident the reading pane will actually stay in place (and not jerk back to the right off screen). Lift your finger from the Hub Home icon on the reading pane (to the left of the Search icon) when only the icons on the left edge of the main Hub panel display.

JSanders:  I applaud your efforts on gathering the tips.  May I suggest to see all the other tips mentioned, no matter how minor, added to your initial tips, to keep them growiing and having them in one place.

TheFANforRPM
Blackberry PRIV since 12/28/2015 with AT&T (USA)
Contributor
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

I just stumbled onto another neat shortcut (only after 10 months with my Z10 of course! Better late than never). In your browser, if you press and hold the back button you get a pop up list of that page's history. Much quicker than swiping to the right, pressing on history /today etc.
Contributor
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

It lasts even after deleting the history from the actual history tab.
Contributor
My Device: 64Gb Playbook - Z10
My Carrier: MTN / Cell C

Thanks for sharing :-) Although there are still many 'missing features' when comparing Z10 to Bold 9900, I must admit that tips provided via this forum confirm (at least to me) that BB has the best mobile platform for the professional / power user!  The learning curve continues <smile> ...

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry z10
My Carrier: Econet

Saving pictures is a little bit pain in the **bleep**. First off when holding a finger on a picture. You get the small side column. Until you get used to what each icon on that does, you have to open it fully to see what's there.

It works just fine...in that side column just press and hold on any icon and a small text pops up showing what the icon does without opening it.