Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Re: Z10 Tips, Tricks and Shortcuts

Love my BlackBerry speakerphone. I use it to play my music on my car speakers via bluetooth. But I wish I could use the voice control to play whichever band.or song I want without using my hands to enter Music then Library then Artist etc. Well here's a partial workaround. With the new 10.2.1.537 the search function has "quick action" options also. So if in your search you start typing something, it tried to anticipate which function/app you'll be using.

So, my partial workaround: get into voice control (one click of the speakerphone), say "Search Play <name of band>" and near the top of the search menu under Actions will be "Play <name of band>". You have to press that action but it reduces the execution of playing music to pressing just one time which you could simply do at the next light for example.
Contributor
My Device: Dev Alpha B
My Carrier: Blackberry

it is very useful thanks..

Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Passport - Z30 - Playbook - Finding Priv
My Carrier: Not Specified

Very nice and useful post Smiley Happy

Regards Eree - Follow me on Twitter - Facebook - Google+

For more visit my Blog
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10,playbook
My Carrier: Tata Docomo

Color coding messages in the  Blackberry Hub isn't totally new with OS 10.2.1, but it may well be one of those features that as a BlackBerry 10 user you weren't aware of.

Here's how: 

• Jump into your Hub and tap the overflow menu (three dots)
  • Select settings
  • Select Hub Management and then just choose the accounts you wish to color code

Being able to color code your messages in BlackBerry 10 isn't just about making things pretty. It makes it easier to visually triage your messages. If you know that you've set your Twitter mentions to blue and orange to yellow and BBM to purple it's easy to swipe through and get an idea of what you've missed. Each Hub notification gets a colored line on the left hand side to correspond with the color you've selected for that type of notification.

Hope, it's helpful

Solutions: 6,329
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

vinodhph wrote:

Color coding messages in the  Blackberry Hub isn't totally new with OS 10.2.1, but it may well be one of those features that as a BlackBerry 10 user you weren't aware of.

Here's how: 

• Jump into your Hub and tap the overflow menu (three dots)
  • Select settings
  • Select Hub Management and then just choose the accounts you wish to color code

Being able to color code your messages in BlackBerry 10 isn't just about making things pretty. It makes it easier to visually triage your messages. If you know that you've set your Twitter mentions to blue and orange to yellow and BBM to purple it's easy to swipe through and get an idea of what you've missed. Each Hub notification gets a colored line on the left hand side to correspond with the color you've selected for that type of notification.

And just to note, you copied and pasted that from CrackBerry.com  http://crackberry.com/color-code-1021

...just to give credit where credit is due.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
My Device: .
My Carrier: .

Hi,

Off-topic discussion was removed, let's get back to the focus of this topic: Tips, tricks and shortcuts for the Z10.

Thanks Smiley Happy

Dany_S                                                                                                       New to the Community click here  
Community Moderator
Likes2.png  AS3.png  CG2.png
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Q10 ,BlackBerry Torch 9860 , IPhone 4 CDMA , Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos

A very Great and Useful Post : Superb
If Someone Helps You - Please Click like.jpg Like

If Your Problem is Solved - Please Click accept.png

Follow me on Twitter @ereedev
Trusted Contributor

I don't know if everyone noticed it. If you want to re-dial the last number, just tap the green "call" button(copies last no) instead of just typing it again.

Trusted Contributor

If you are using an android app on your Z10, and you need full screen just swipe down from top of the screen and then click hide bar. But this will hide back button. To go back, swipe diagonally from bottom left corner.

Trusted Contributor

Useful trick in the blackberry hub

If your hub is all mixed up with read and unread messages or notifications and you just wanna see only unread ones, all you have to do is just "pinch in" the hub. To get back to all notifications, just pinch out. This is the default action. You can change this in settings