Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Telus Mobility

Z10 Touchscreen Not Working

This started yesterday and progressively became worse. It started when I added a password to my device. I've had the phone for 2 years and never used a password, but recent events persuaded me to do so. I'm not sure if this is just a coincidence, or if it has something to do with the phone not unlocking because the password screen is glitchy?

First it would not allow me to swipe upwards to unlock the phone unless I did a battery pull. Now it will not allow me to swipe at all or do anything. I used Blackberry Link to back up the phone and then did a software reset and now it is stuck on the setup screen because it will not let me swipe left to begin the setup. The phone itself seems to be working fine (when I plug it in, it alerts me it is charging, or when  plugged into the computer it also alerts me. Also, before I did the software reset it would still alert me of texts, facebook notifications, and emails, I just could not do anything as the screen was unresponsive.)

I don't believe I have any warranty, as it would have been up after the first year and I don't remember purchasing any.

Any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks,

Stacey

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Z10 Touchscreen Not Working

exact same problem, did you get a solution??

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

I put my phone on charge then when i tried to unlock 0 wasn't working and then everything stopped working. Please help

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Telus Mobility

[ Edited ]

I could not find a solution so I ended up purchasing a new phone. However, I accidently dropped the new Z10 in water and decided to give the one having touchscreen problems another try...I put my sim card back in and the new battery that came with the new Z10. Try changing your battery! It works like a charm now.

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Z10 STL100-3
My Carrier: Personal

i have a similar problem.

i never dropped my phone and it was working allright. my gprs (2g) data wasnt working so i decided to reboot the phone. i pressed the power button a sec and then the on-screen restart button. and when in turned on the screen was completely unresponsive. 

i tried so many things. i even reinstalled the os, and made a wipe (wich got stuck) but now im stuck at the setup screen.

i really dont know what to do Smiley Sad 

~namida de as.hita ga mienai~
New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: mtn

I have exactly the same problem
New Contributor

The screen was doing exactly as complained above and also having no clear display ,I took it to a repairer and display problem was fixed but the unresponsiveness of the touchscreen persisted .i updated the iOS to version 10.2.1.3337 but the problem persisted .what should I do now?
New Contributor

Try the app blackberry virtual expert
New Contributor

Ok I will try the new battery
Developer
My Device: Z10 STL100-3
My Carrier: Personal

What¿? You answer your own posts?

<<<

Well i've news. I'm really sad i got no reply from BB, nor here nor anywhere. In my country there's no official BB service either, when i took my phone to the service they told me the soldering on the board was worn out, they've resoldered and the device worked perfectly again. (so yes it was a hardware problem which makes me more sad).

It worked two weeks and now its broke again, but this time the service couldnt fix it!

The phone was almost new Smiley Sad I've heard something similar has happened to some videocards under some heavy heat.

~namida de as.hita ga mienai~