Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Orange

Z10 USB - no connectivity

I used to be able to connect my torch to may car's USB slot and play the music on it through the car's stereo.  The Z10 won't do this. With connections set to "auto detect", it tries to upload blackberry link to the car (good luk with that), and with connections set to "connect to windows" (which the car's system apparently is), nothing happens at all.

Anyone know how to connect a Z10 so you can access its drives via USB? Connection to the PC seems a bit hit and miss too. 

Forums Advisor I
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Z10 USB - no connectivity

Try putting the z10 in USB mass storage mode. Go to settings, storage and access, scroll down to the bottom and turn on USB mass storage. This will treat your z10 as a hard drive.

My Carrier: Orange

Thanks for the response, but I don't appear to have that option in my storage and access menus. I've got "USB connections" (3 options - auto, windows and mac), "Access using Wifi" and at the bottom "Device storage details" which just shows how much space I've used.

I think the z10 has actually cocked the car's usb connectivity, because now my daughter's curve won't connect either.

My Carrier: Telus

I'm having the same problem - no way to set it to mass storage mode. Arrgh.
Forums Advisor I
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb
My Carrier: Bell

You need to scroll down on the page to see the USB mass storage option. Also please use the USB cable that came with your z10.. Some of the old cables don't work with the z10..

IMG_00000090.png

My Carrier: Telus

Ah, if only it were that easy.  I have scrolled down (I am quite familiar with the concept of scrolling Smiley Wink ) but I simply do not have that option.  Do you have to have a MicroSD card installed for the option to appear? 

Forums Advisor III
My Carrier: Rogers

Yes.
-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. Smiley Happy
Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

Put in a micro SD card, and turn on USB mass storage. In the camera properties select to save the pictures on the external SD card.

I believe this should work...

Jerry G.