10-29-2013 08:50 PM - edited 10-29-2013 08:52 PM
I'm new to the forum, so I apologise in advance if there is a more appropriate place to lay a complaint/beg for help. I've always loved my Z10, but this latest update has so many bugs, I'm almost regretting my purchase!
The biggest bug, other than much slower download times for applications, is that it has completely messed with my ability to send text messages.
The other day, I tried to send an image text message through the photos folder, by saying share, and it just froze on the text screen. It froze when I typed in a name, didn't type my message, and when it finally typed my message, no amount of clicking "SEND" would actually send my message! I had to restart my phone, and this time it had the same bugs, but at least it sent the message.
Overall, any time that I want to send any text message, it takes ages to load the text messaging screen, and brings the keyboard up over the frame wherein I type my message. I get that it does eventually load properly, but the delay is really unacceptable, coming from a smartphone worth all the money I paid for it. I'm pretty sure it's worth more than my car! Not that my car's a Lexus, or anything.
It also just refused to send a plain text message that I typed out, and recently deleted all of my boyfriend's text messages to me - but only some of mine to him? So there's a completely weird conversation I've had with myself as my only indication that I communicate with my partner. I swear I didn't accidentally delete anything myself, and I swear I uploaded the new software properly and have restarted my Z10 several times.
WHAT IS GOING ON? I'm so in love with my phone, but this new lag and glitching is really unacceptable!
10-30-2013 12:45 AM
Many people have issues with that update but millions do not , something seems to have messed up your phone.
Try resetting the phone: When powered on hold down the power button for 10 seconds.
If reset does not work try restore but you should backup you stuff first.
How to Restore a Blackberry to Factory Settings
1) Download and install a copy of Blackberry Desktop Manager.
2) Once the Desktop Manager has been installed, open it, connect the Blackberry to the computer, and select the Backup and Restore tab.
3) Select the Backup button beneath the Options button on the Backup tab. This will backup the settings, applications, contacts, and all other data to the computer.
4) Disconnect the Blackberry from the computer and select the Settings icon on the phone.
5) Select Security and Privacy, select Security Wipe, and type in “blackberry.” This will erase all data on the Blackberry.
6) To restore data after it has been cleared, reconnect the Blackberry to the computer, select Backup and Restore, click on the Restore button, and then select the appropriate backup file from the list.
11-05-2013 04:25 PM