Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus
Accepted Solution

Z10 WILL NOT TURN ON

I purchased 2 Z10s on launch day. Last night my wife plugged in her phone.

This morning when she went to use it, the device would not power up.

I have tried battery pulls, 5 different blackberry chargers in 6 different sockets.

I have tried plunging the phone in with the battery out.

I have tried plunging it in to my computer to run the blackberry desktop software.

The device is not detected, battery in, or out.

I tries my battery in her phone, not even a red LED.

Her battery works fine in my phone.

Is anyone else having similar issues?

Perhaps offer a solution I have yet to try?

Thanks in advance.

Tldr; phone won't turn on, please help.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10 (returned) ** Torch and now my first non BB product a Samsung Note II so I can sync my Outlook,Notes,ToDo list,Categories,I am loving it !! I never knew a phone could do so much !!! hurry up RIM

Re: Z10 WILL NOT TURN ON

It sounds defective, which can happen.

When you plug it in, do you get  any indications it is charging like the LED lit?  This happens when the power is off .

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. - Thomas Edison.
Contributor

No LED with the device plugged in. I also tried their "Plug it in Quicker" solution.

Didn't help.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10 (returned) ** Torch and now my first non BB product a Samsung Note II so I can sync my Outlook,Notes,ToDo list,Categories,I am loving it !! I never knew a phone could do so much !!! hurry up RIM

[ Edited ]

Take it in to have a professional look at it.

You can try another USB cable and plug it into your PC...  but I doubt it will work as the phones come with a basic charge. 

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. - Thomas Edison.
Contributor

It worked fine from Tuesday up until last night.

I realize its a new phone l, but I can't help but feel like I'm paying to beta test it.

I have tried several times to use their blackberry link to sync my iTunes to my phone.

Each time it forgets a couple hundred songs.

I may be able to drag and drop them to my phone but why release features that do not work.

I had high hopes for this phone and I have been fiercely loyal to blackberry for 4+ years.

I am disappointed. 

Contributor

To add insult to injury, I have been trying to sell the concept of how incredible this device is, and it's potential to be a key player to the company I work for.

Yet if u want any actual "BlackBerry Support" I will have to pay a charge of $50

It's tough to sell someone on a product you don't have complete faith in.

It's a good thing it is just my wife's device with the issue and not one of my bosses after I convinced them this phone was a good idea.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

You need not pay $50 for BB support. Support is supposed to go through your carrier, Telus. Call them up with your issues. If they can't resolve them their contract with BlackBerry states they are supposed to escalate the issue to them. If they don't/won't do that then they are to blame, not BlackBerry.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: TELUS

Take a look at this(bottom of the post). You can use the autoloader to bring it back to working order. Note: this will wipe the device.

http://opensourcebb.com/bb10-oses/

Contributor

The device is not recognized on usb.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Here are the instructions for reloading the OS. RIM would like it if people would contact support when this occurs for any reason but an interrupted security wipe but the procedure here will work. I've done it myself.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB33480

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!