Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

Z10 Wifi Issues

The wifi on my z10 connects to wifi just fine if I input the IP manually; however, all internet access is blocked for some reason. No browser, no email, no apps, etc.

Please help.

All other devices work fine on the network.

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

Re: Z10 Wifi Issues

There are a number of criteria that can cause what you are describing. Below are a small number of them.

• Are you using a business WiFi where they limit the devices?
  • Are you on a router that is working at its maximum allowed devices?
  • Is your router set up with MAC address filtering, and or password levels for particular access?
  • Is the network set up for DHCP, or is it set up for hard (static) IP numbers for usage?

The network I use for WiFi is MAC address filtered. There are also four levels of security passwords in HEX code before internet or outside access is allowed.

There are many issues that can be the problem from what you are describing...

Jerry G.
Forums Advisor I
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb
My Carrier: Bell

There could be a dozen reasons why your wi-fi doesn't give you access to the net.

Here is a wi-fi trouble shoothing link.

http://helpblog.blackberry.com/2013/02/wi-fi-connectivity-issues/#more-6529

My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

No, none of those things are the issue.

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

When my Home Wi-Fi connection failed on Z-10, while router was working on all other devices, I managed to delete the Saved Home Connection under Saved Networks and then re-connect. Go to Settings, Network Connections, Wi-Fi then TURN OFF Wi-Fi. Now highlight the problem network from list of Saved Networks and select the option to delete (the trash can icon should appear at the bottom). Delete this Saved Network. Now go back to Network Connections and Add a network. It will search for your home Network and request password. Then connect.

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

None of this fixed the wifi issue. why is it my galaxy my macbooks and iphone and my guest can connect to wifi but i cant using my blackberry. Thats a major issue,