Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

My Device: Torch 9860
My Carrier: Vodafone

Z10 - Won't turn on

On the Z10 I just have a black screen, try plugging it in and when it's plugged in the red light flashes on it but the screen still stays black, have tried taking battery out and putting it back in again but same problem is continuing, have tried charging it up for a few hours too but still doing the same, any help would be much appreciated.

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell Canada

Re: Z10 - Won't turn on

You battery may be completely depleted. Make sure that you are charging it through the factory supplied charger. Unplug the cord from the USB end, with the other end plugged into Z10, smoothly insert the USB end into the charger. You may have to do this a couple of times.

Normally, you should be able to see the lightning bolt symbol to indicate that the battery is indeed getting charged.

Wait for a bit and then try powering it on.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry z10
My Carrier: Tmobile

There's a red light when i plug the phone into the computer. But thats it. Nothing else happens. I've tried everything. Including this. 

http://www.geeksquad.co.uk/articles/restore-your-blackberry-z10-when-it-will-not-turn-on

The red light stays on for a while then come off. If I try to put in the battery when the red light is on, it comes off. Help!!!

New Contributor
My Carrier: Ee

My z10 done the same have you found a fix to it yet ?
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry z10
My Carrier: Tmobile

No. All the blackberry experts say that the phone is a bad phone (defective - manufacturers defect).  And if you're like me you're stuck with an expensive phone that u cannot use or have replaced (no warranty).

New Contributor
My Carrier: Ee

Typical blackberry then no help wish i stuck wjth my iphone now anything goes wrong u just walk in apple and they give you a new handset cheers for the reply
My Carrier: Rogers/TBAYTEL

Try checking the pins from the Z10 to the battery connection. Mine were sticking and not touching the battery terminals.

New Contributor
My Carrier: Rogers

Was there a fix to this? My Just experienced this problem. I have had it since launch on Feb 5.
Forums Advisor II
My Device: Z10 10.2.1.3247
My Carrier: T-Mo USA

OK, let's try to sort... when the red light comes on, does it flash a specific number of times?
My Carrier: T-Mobile

I had this with a dead battery, but the red light did flash once, then remain on for an interval as you mentioned.

I held down the volume up button and the power until the z10 reset, then the red battery charge graphic finally came up on screen and it began charging as normal. Hope this helps!