Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Developer
My Device: Q10SQN100-1
My Carrier: Bell Canada

Re: Z10 : always appear Wi-Fi Connection limited

Does BlackBerry read these or was I delusional to think that? Seems the only way to get a response is twitter
Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64
My Carrier: Rogers

chevpower394 wrote:
Does BlackBerry read these or was I delusional to think that? Seems the only way to get a response is twitter

Actually the real way to get a direct answer from BlackBerry is by calling your carrier (Bell Canada) support and then ask them to escalate the problem to BlackBerry

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Developer
My Device: Q10SQN100-1
My Carrier: Bell Canada

I have gone through that awhile back with a BBM problem. I didn't mind doing it but it was literally 3 hours that day, and probably 6 hours in various calls after that. I understand they want bell to weed out the restarts and router unplugs but getting through bell, to BlackBerry takes awhile.
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: 9800

I have been having the same problem for the last couple of days. I better not have to wipe my phone. It happens at varouis wifi connects (work and home). This is very frustrating. 

Regular Contributor
My Device: Passport & Classic
My Carrier: Voda UK

t does not appear that my case relates to my provider as it works well with other phones and works for in anther router. I deeply suspect that the source is something in my device that does not allow both links to be active Simultaneously   through this specific router.   

New Contributor
My Device: 9800

Interesting. When I turn off the mobile network, the wifi works and I don't get that message. I can browse fine, which means I am connected to my wifi. But when I turn the mobile network back on, it indicates that I am using LTE. Weird. 

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Hi everyone! New to forum here. I registered because I have the exact same problem with my Z10 wifi connection at work and at home. Mine started doing it shortly after updating to 10.2 software. Hope BB figures it out and issues software update to fix soon. I personally think that will be the only way to fix this wifi connection problem.

New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Bell

I'm not an expert here by any means, so this is just pure speculation, so take it for what it is. 

As posted earlier, I believe the BB OS10 now does some kind of "ping" test when the Wifi connects.  If for some reason the PING fails to a specific address(es), I suspect the OS is declaring the route as "limited", and does not make it the "route" of choice for data connections, and sticks to the radio.  When the radio is turned off, or the data connections on the radio have been removed, the OS selects the next best route, while "limited" would be the Wifi connection.   The PING test may also be failing on the radio, but I suspect that the test is not done, unlike the Wifi connection. 

I also believe that many ISP suppliers use the same Internet Gateways carriers to access the web.  If that Gateway Carrier has a bad route in it's routing tables, the PING test may fail.  Also, by switching DNS servers, the PING test may be in fact taking another "route", or it has a different DNS Lookup that may not be corrupted, and allows the PING test to pass.  There are many reasons why a simple PING test would fail.  Plus, without knowing the specific IP destination address of that PING, it would be hard to complete a TRACE RT to determine where it may be failing.

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Z10 : always appear Wi-If Connection limited

Same issue here.
Z10 on Bell network.

Tried calling Blackberry, didn't get too far.
It was determined that as long as I manually turn on my data services, it will automatically default to the home wifi.

Well that's fine and dandy but this was not an issue previous to two days ago. As soon as I pulled into my driveway it picked up the wifi and automatically connected to it and showed the signal status indicator in the top left right next to the 'Blackberry' data dots and Cellular Reception Bars.
Now, if I do not turn off the data it stays connected to 4G LTE all the time.

Strange thing is the wifi says it is CONNECTED to my wifi network but signal indicator is absent as well as the 'Limited Connectivity' message.
Come on Blackberry! As was said before...throw us a bone here!!

Regular Contributor
My Device: Passport & Classic
My Carrier: Voda UK

Re: Z10 : always appear Wi-If Connection limited

[ Edited ]

it seems i ain't the only one... i do not think it relates to bell or any other provider. mine started also 2 days ago but i live very far away from across the pond and no Bell provider.

Hence the issue is clear:  there are many reported cases that mobile data and wifi network from s specific router can not work at the same time from unknown reason. To enable wifi BS services one must turn off mobile data.