Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Z10 : always appear Wi-Fi Connection limited

I would certainly hope so. This is a major problem!
New Contributor

Well, seems like my guy is getting action.  Mine just came back.  My routes to RIM.net are working again.

Tested on Cogeco & Rogers

And look.. i have a WIFI icon on my phone again.

Amazing when you find the right people... LOL

New Contributor
My Device: Z30

same here cannot access blackberry.com if i turn off mobile network, I can access all other web sites.

if I leave mobile  networks on but turn off data services I can access blackberry.com.

strange situation, Rogers says to reload my software, I doubt that will do anything other than waste two hours of my time. I am pretty **bleep** off with blackberry, really poor customer service once again. Mr Chen you have a lot of fixing to do, first make customer service a priority.

sitll no communication from BlackBerry

New Contributor

Paste your traceroute to www.blackberry.com
Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Mmmm, the 2.4Ghz fix still seems to be working fine with my Cisco router. I've done a bit more research and found some interesting factoids. Before I bought my BB10 I owned an iPhone 4s which could connect via 802.11n to my router without a problem. However, the 4s apparently uses only the 2.4Ghz mode as does my Samsung tablet which connects no problem, so it makes this solution even more likely to be the one. If someone else could try it it would be helpful.

To set 2.4 Ghz mode go to Wi-Fi, press the Saved Networks icon on the bottom of the screen, select your connection profile and set the Band Type to 2.4 Ghz.

Contributor
My Carrier: Bell

This problem does not appear to be limited to Blackberry, the iPhone 5 uses 5Ghz mode for 802.11n and a quick looks at Apple support shows that it appears to be having the same issue, as do most phones trying to using 5Ghz or dual band mode. I went to the pub for lunch and for the first time since buying my Z10 I was able to connect without issue to their wifi, nice !!!

New Contributor
My Device: Z30

the problem seems to have gone away all my blackberry devices connect to wifi with mobile network and data services on.

It's a miracle

New Contributor

All three of the problem phones in my office started to work again about 10 minutes ago.  Rogers?  RIM?  Somebody fixed something somewhere.

New Contributor

Hah..

Once a route cause is found, its a lot easier to fix stuff... can't believe they didn't figure it out in the last couple of days on their own.. surefire that they fired all of the clued people in their infra team.. ugh
Developer
My Device: Q10SQN100-1
My Carrier: Bell Canada

Everything looks fixed and 2102 update available