Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Developer
My Device: 8300>9000>9700>9900>Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Z10 & Blackberry Protect

I have an update on this.

After a long time of support calls and tickets going back and forth the blackberry team seem to have fixed this issue (which I beleve was their end, not the phone).

My protect account now shows my device. It also shows another phone! I don't know who's that is though. Should I lock it?

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Playbook 16GB, 32GB, 64GB, Z10
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

I tried the Blackberry Protect yesterday (Thursday) and it works perfectly!

Should I thank you for getting the problem solved on Wednesday, just in time for me using it?

I am thinking of re-targetting Blackberry Protect as an application to locate seniors and children who carries a Z10 that is setup with Blackberry Protect. 

I got a couple of questions for the forum. Whether Blackberry Protect is a push application and can it even work with voice channel only and no data connection.

Cheers.

Contributor
My Device: Z10

I am having the very same issue. Possibly due to either my mail having changed or to my BB-ID having two devices due to a RMA...

I'll keep you updated.

New Contributor
My Carrier: OPTUS

Hi All,

I also have an issue with my Z10 and Blackberry Protect.  For reference I'm in Australia and on OPTUS.

I've enabled Protect on the Z10.  But when I go to protect.blackberry.com my device does not appear.  In fact I can't seem to anything on the web interface such as delete my protect account or anything.

I've tried re-starting my phone, disable/enable Blackberry Protect, nothing seems to work,

I'd really appreciate if someone from Blackberry can assist me in solving this issue as it's very frustrating.  I've tried contacting support via Twitter but they haven't got back to me as yet.

Otherwise the phone is great, but I really need some help on this.

I'd contact Blackberry support directly, but it seems this forum and Twitter is the only options available to me in Australia (what I'd give for a support email address).

Cheers,

KK

New Contributor

I got the problem fixed as well, the issue lies within blackberry and the wrong region set on your bbid, you need to contact blackberry and get the network operations team to look at the region setting and make sure it is correct! Good luck
New Contributor

Thanks for the tip!

On the phone to BB support now!  Here's hoping.we can get this working.

They're certainly a bit mystified at the moment too Smiley Happy

Cheers

K

Contributor

How did you get a phone number?
Developer
My Device: 8300>9000>9700>9900>Z10

[ Edited ]

Wishful thinking that if they had fixed it for me, that it would also be fixed for other people. :-(

The "correct" way to get in touch with them (unless you have an enterprise support contract) is via your network. They should be able to provide a phone number to call and or a case reference number.

However, these numbers may be helpful for you:

NA Toll Free: 1-877-255-2377
 UK Toll Free: 0808 100 7466
 Europe: +44 1753 558400
 Worldwide: +1-647-426-1108

I hope they dont mind sharing that!

I think this is one of blackberry's weakest areas - now they are quite set on making devices that also appeal to the consumer market, they really need to get the hang of and improve their customer support services if you ask me.

Good luck!

New Contributor

If you email help@blackberry.com with your issue they'll email you back. You can then find the contact number in the reply email.
New Contributor

Correction to my above post: I submitted a help request via an online form (I don't have the address handy). They then emailed me the case number with additional contact details.

Sorry still half awake.