Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Z10 & Blackberry Protect

Correct. You cannot email that address unless you already have an incident number already open. To do this you must contact your carrier and be escalated to BB.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor
My Device: Z10

Thanks guys. I called the UK number; the lady was friendly and helpful, but couldn't do a thing for me. Customer support is quite an infuriating experience to me. How do they plan to get relevant in the consumer market without dedicated direct support??? 

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Direct support is through the carriers. If the carrier can't resolve the issue then they are supposed to be scale to BlackBerry. If the carriers don't or won't do that then only the carriers are to blame.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

If I buy a Z10 at a hardware store, how is my carrier to blame? BB is to blame for having no tech support beyond twitter. And to my experience, it plain sucks :-(

Guru II

If you buy a Z10 from a hardware store that is not an authorized reseller then you are to blame. BB has support contracts through their contracted carriers and authorized resellers. You go through them and they escalate you to BB if need be.

Many support issues are carrier or network related and easily solved by the carrier. If BB had to field every call where someone's data wasn't working only to find that their plan wasn't provisioned properly it would cost huge amounts of money for support. This is an efficient method and works fine as long as the carriers escalate to BB when they're supposed to. The down side is that the carriers don't often escalate when necessary.

Contributor

How do you know who is an authorized reseller? Sorry, but either you sell your device only through carriers, then it's ok. Clearly, this isn't the case since the Z10 is widely available through regular shops. Free and unlocked. Otherwise, they could've made it like Apple, where the iPhone was initially only available through WSP.

If you want to sell to consumers, you need a working support chain. They'll learn it the hard way eventually.

Guru II

It is only through carriers (who are their authorized resellers). BlackBerry only sells to carriers.

It has been like this since the beginning of BlackBerry. This is nothing new.

Your support is through your cellular service provider. If you want support outside that channel you have to pay. Again, nothing new here.

Contributor

This might be true in the states, but here in Europe it's different, at least since the Z10.

Check this link http://geizhals.at/blackberry-z10-schwarz-a898517.html to see availability of unbranded Z10 in Austria (thus the link in German) only. Every major electronics sales point has it. Like any other phone you can just buy it like the piece of hardware it is.

I'd never buy a phone not being officially sold.

Guru II

Looks like Amazon to me. I doubt that us an authorized reseller. BB has relationships with just about every carrier out there. Your support is still through your carrier.

Contributor

Update: I got a case opened concerning my problems (which still persist) and BB acknowledged the problem on the support when a carrier is not selling the Z10 yet; should be escalated and hopefully fixed soon.

BB told me that it looked like some weirdness on their side but further investigation is needed.