Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: z10

Re: Z10 & Blackberry Protect

Contributor

Hi everyone, pls what do I do if I can't see my device in my BlackBerry Protect account. Thanks
Contributor
My Device: Z10 STL100-3 S/W 10.1.0.2006 Internet Explorer 10.0.9200.16618
My Carrier: T-Mobile

BlackBerry Z10 has PROVEN ISSUE on latest release updated last night Internet Explorer Version 10 to make BlackBerry Protect work when everything was set-up properly.

[ Edited ]

1-877-255-2377

help@blackberry.com

This is all we've accomplished in 4 pages so far here :

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Z10/Z10-amp-Blackberry-Protect/td-p/2142625/page/4

All we have so far, is a dozen of us with the same issue.  Everyone who has a BlackBerry ID, has registered at BlackBerry Protect, all of us have our BlackBerry Z10 not function with BlackBerry Protect.  3 of the 12 above were kind enough to point on these 4 pages so far, that BlackBerry Tech support fixed it.

Well, yeah.

But, if you bought it from a Carrier, you must call Carrier first, who then transfers you to BlackBerry Tech Support, or you get billed $ 49 to your cell phone number by BlackBerry Tech Support.

If you bought from a Carrier, you must call the carrier.  They must transfer you to BlackBerry Tech Support, or your phone number is billed $ 49 for BlackBerry Tech Support.

If you did not call your carrier first, the post above gave the right number to dial 1-877-255-2377 USA, but he failed to say, you hit an auto attendant where you must press digits and he gave you no digits to dial.  I dialed 4 for out of warranty and other - because it said Tech Support.

877-255-2377 :

1-if you have a ticket #

2-if you have a technical services code, or secondary access code

3-if you have a carrier code

4-BLACKBERRY CUSTOMER CARE

5-if you want Sales

6-BlackBerry PlayBook

Assume you press 4 - BlackBerry Customer Care

Now, you get a 2nd Group of Questions :

1-if you have questions about your bill

2-if you have questions about your order

3-if you want to return within 30 days

4-IF YOU WANT ERMA TECHNICAL CHARGEABLE SUPPORT OPTIONS

I choose 4, if the poster above who gave you this number had his resolved, he pressed 4 and 4.  He will be billed to his phone number, or if in BlackBerry Z10, he filled in his credit card, he gets billed $ 49 there, or if he filled-in on Z10 PayPal, he gets billed $ 49 there.

BlackBerry Technical Support is NOT first option.    Ok, we have some of the 12 folks like me who have a Z10 and a PROBLEM with BlackBerry Protect not working, who did not buy from a Carrier.  So, you saved your money, or live in a foreign country, and come here to BlackBerry Support Forums where volunteers such as myself give you as good advice as we can when you asked questions.  So, fork over your $ 49 and contact them direct at the 2 options listed to start my post here right now.

Or, do as I did, and read all 4 pages every post, and try to figure out what the person did to fix their Z10 to get it to work with BlackBerry Protect.

BlackBerry Tech support is where I called when the poster above gave us all the number to them.  They then tried to transfer to T-Mobile.  T-Mobile informed them that BlackBerry Protect is a BlackBerry App by BlackBerry and that BlackBerry must de-bug this app.

This is where T-Mobile was handed the call from BlackBerry Tech Support and informed to transfer me back to BlackBerry Tech Support and instructed to send me to Tier 1.

You follow that ?

If my carrier does not send me to BlackBerry Tech Support, I get billed, rather than them.  See ?

1 person acted in their answer above, as if they do not have a Z10.

Why offer assistance if you do not have a Z10 ?

Note if you will that the person you offered assistance to, anyway, tried your suggestion.  I saw where it did not work for the person you were assisting.

I knew it would not work when you said it, because I have a Z10.

Tier 1 Daniel and I have been on the phone now 1 hour and 2 minutes.

We checked the Settings, and indeed having had a BlackBerry since it came out, I had programmed everything correctly.

It is not on BlackBerry World.  It is, as noted above, pre-loaded on Z10.  Search command BlackBerry Protect takes you right to it, where the radio button is ON and lit as on.

I am logged into my BlackBerry ID first and then into BlackBerry Protect.  I see all the options available to me to see where the device is, to send tones to the device, to send a message to the device and lock it with a password, to wipe the device out, etc.

Only when in Explorer 10, you attempt to this, it does nothing any choice you make, and yet your BlackBerry PIN # shows on BlackBerry Protect that it is your model Z10 and your BlackBerry PIN #.

Tier 1 was able to send sounds and send message to my home screen.

Had me log out and back into BlackBerry Protect.

Again, did not operate for me however.

Assigned me a Case Number Incident Number.  Gave me phone number 877-255-2377 and advised press 1 have an incident Number.  Told me then I would dial in the incident Number followed by #.

Then, transferred me to Tier 2.  I hour 8 minutes in now.

THIS IS WHAT YOU SHOULD DO :

1- Press "SETTINGS" app on main menu  It says Settings and is a gray gear.

2-Press Top item "ABOUT" Tier 2 had me go to.  About.  Click About. 

3-At very top column, it reads "CATEGORY GENERAL."  Click top Category General

4-Pull-down menu for "NETWORK" and see at bottom of Z10, Back arrow on left and : with 3 dots on right.

5- Press the 3 dots on top of each other on the right.

6- You see "REGISTER BLACKBERRY" on Black side screen.  Press it.

7-It reads requesting Register. It then instantly reads, registered BlackBerry.

8-Hit back arrow key.

9- Slide finger upwards to minimize Settings.

10- Click X in bottom right hand corner and close settings.

11-What I resulted with is a FAR BETTER CONNECTION.

5-Bars vs 3-Bars before re-register.

Do all steps above again Tier 1 did now at Tier 2.  Still, Tier 2 could get my BlackBerry Protect to work and locate my Z10 via BlackBerry Protect for me on my browser, yet again, Tier 1 and Tier 2 could.

Tier 2 actually logged into my BlackBerry Protect instead of the BlackBerry Tech Support Server, Tier 1 used.

This is what Tier 2 had me do in a matter of 2 minutes, another Daniel, was to let him log in from there in Canada to my BlackBerry Protect.

It worked for him, in my login, not their Server. And, he sent tones and messages from the same address I was at in BlackBerry Protect Screen.

You follow that ?

No one above mentioned that.

Once I heard him say that.  I logged onto

REMOTE DESKTOP CONNECTION, and it works for me.

All this time.

All these steps followed, all these posts 4 pages worth so far here.  12 users stuck like me.

PROBLEM DETERMINED : I have Windows Explorer 10 – latest release.

The REMOTE DESKTOP CONNECTION I use is to Explorer 8.

Explorer 8 worked instantaneously.

Where is the issue to make BlackBerry Z10 work with BlackBerry Protect ?

Browser.

Open Firefox Browser, I am sure that will work too.

Or, find a PC which is NOT Internet Explorer 10, at least not my Version.

1 Press Help top right column on your Browser above right now.

2 Press About Internet Explorer

3 Read Software Version

Mine ?

INTERNET EXPLORER 10

VERSION 10.0.9200.16540

UPDATE VERSIONS 10.0.4

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2817183

Resolution : I can use my

REMOTE DESKTOP CONNECTION and log onto server running Internet Explorer Version 8 and it works.

Give Thumbs-Up if helps you, or say Solution Accepted, or say Like.
Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: China Unicom

I face same issue here, after I contact with our BIS provider China Unicom, they said they will ecalated this issue to Blackberry, now just waiting their reply 

Contributor

Did you try :

(1) Use a different internet browser than the one you are using ?

(2) Have someone else log into BlackBerry Protect from their computer with your id and password ?

See if either of those 2 make it work ?

- For me sir, click "Help" above in your browser right now and then click "About" and post me back everything you have on that page word for word.

Ok ?

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: China Unicom

Thanks Sir, here is the about you want:

1. Safari Version 6.0.4 (8536.29.13);

2. Google Chrome Version 26.0.1410.65

Above two is under Mac OSX 10.8.3

3. IE Version 10.0.9200.16540, this one is under Windows XP

I tried both way you said, and all come out same no my z10 under my BBID

Contributor

Same here.
Contributor

I mean I tried both options but no change.
Thanks
Contributor

[ Edited ]

I understand.

Sorry you are having these issues.

Try changing your Internet Options.

In my Internet Explorer, there is a Tab where you make changes to make your settings work for a particular site.

Needless to say, BlackBerry sites are quirky.

(1) i open browser

(2) I click Tools

(3) I click Internet Options

(4) go to Privacy Tab

(5) turn off the privacy option POP-UP Blocker

(6) you could have other options set on this same Internet Options which prevent the BlackBerry Protect s/w from operating on your computer.

I told you to have somene else log into your BlackBerry Protect on their computer.

Since you have not, we still do not know where your issue is.

If it works from somone else's computer, we know you have a setting wrong on your computer to cause it to not work for you, but everyone else can make your BlackBerry Protect work.

You've got to do that.

Of course, in your case with your browser, all you might have to do is to start Internet Explorer and see if it works ?

Contributor

Hi everyone. I changed my service provider and immediately I logged on to my bb Protect my device was visible. But then again I'm in Africa. I'm just letting you know just in case this can help in any way.
Cheers