Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: t-mobile

Z10 an Lotus Notes (BIS) with IMAP

Hello,

I can not install my Lotus Notes Mail with IMAP on the Z10.

With other devices  (iPhon) or with the PlayBook there are no Problems.

can you help?

with kind regards

Mario

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Z10 an Lotus Notes (BIS) with IMAP

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

First off (since you mentioned "BIS" in your subject line), check with your mobile service provider about having BIS associated to your Z10. There are reports that, with some carriers, having BIS attached to the account actually prevents proper functionality of BB10 services. BIS is not used by BB10 anyway, so having it in place provides no benefit.

That said, perhaps the Email Account Validation Tool will be useful in your situation:

• KB33444 How to use the Email Account Validation Tool (EAVT)

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: t-mobile

[ Edited ]

Hi,

ok, BIS is now off, but no result.

The Account Validation Tool gives me for all ports a negative response:

"Server chose SSLv3, but that protocol version is not enabled or not supported by the client."

If i connect my Z10 with the account (with an error message: Server is not reachable...), i can send messages and i also see my (empty) folders, but i don't receiving messages.

We are using Notes 8.5.3 and there is no chance to upgrade or to use Traveller 9, because all other devices are still working... ;-(

Kind regards,

Mario

Update: It works also with some Email Client App from the BB World, but that's not comfortable...

Highlighted
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

I recommend you contact your mobile service provider for formal support.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................