Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Z10 and UMA or Wi-Fi Calling

[ Edited ]

While it's possible that it will never come I have been told different by people who are much more in the know than some rep in a sales store or on the phone with tier 1 support. The sales people have almost NO training and know very little of what they speak and the support personnel have no training, nor are they told, about anything upcoming. I had one tell me in November of last year that BB was bankrupt and that BBM was never coming to BB10. They just don't know anything and rather than saying that they make stuff up.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: 0

No man. I was told this by a tmobile rep on the online chat.

Here: http://support.t-mobile.com/community/phones_data_devices/blackberry/blackberry_z10

go to the link anc click on "tech specs" link on the left side.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

To add -- over in the TMO Support Forums, there are plenty of posts from actual TMO reps stating that it's coming with a future OS level, but at present is not available. As with all public companies, they cannot release any additional "forward looking" information than that (and that's even more than some release!).

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

That document seems to contract what you were saying earlier, does it not? Perhaps I am not quite understanding...

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

TMo reps are low-level employees who usually have no idea what they're talking about save it for the script they are given to read. I would put almost no stock in what that rep said. I have it from someone at the executive level at TMo that UMA is coming in a future update. While it's always possible something happens that prevents it from coming, I would put much more credibility on this source than I would any rep in the store, on the phone, or on an online chat.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

OK. I WANT to believe you. When is it coming ? next month ? or 2014 ? I used Viber and Vonage extensions on weekly bases, on my crappy old Android .... and I have till Saturday to decide if I'm keeping the Z10 or replacing with a Samsung S3.

Guru II

[ Edited ]

As Sdgardne just pointed out that document states that wifi calling will be included in a future maintenance release (MR).  And, actually, I appreciate you posting that document as that is the first I've seen it in writing. 

What more do you need?

Guru II

basamjy wrote:

OK. I WANT to believe you. When is it coming ? next month ? or 2014 ? I used Viber and Vonage extensions on weekly bases, on my crappy old Android .... and I have till Saturday to decide if I'm keeping the Z10 or replacing with a Samsung S3.

Nobody knows "when" it's coming but it is coming, as your document proves. 

New Contributor
My Device: 9780

I love BB. The whole image, name, devices...it's a pity they just don't get it! Today cell phones NEED this type of stuff from the get go!
Tmobile is full of **bleep**, or at list my BB 9780 is. Lol
My UMA signal at home drops the call everytime I drive away from my house. Also drops call when I get home and phone goes to switch between cellphone tower and UMA.
Either way I'm used to that by now...but like you, I will not buy the Z10 untill it has wifi calling(UMA). I have ZERO signal inside my house...and I live in the middle of town(big wooded area between my street and next street over)! What's making it hard for me is that my 2 Z10 device purchase(1 for wife) is being threatened by Tmo offering the PHAT iP5. Does that phone have wifi(UMA) calling?