Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
My Device: z10 and bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

Z10 and water..HELP?!

[ Edited ]

my son accidentally dropped my phone into the sink. It was only submerged for a couple seconds, but it turned itself off right quick. What are the odds it will survive once in rice for a couple days? I need my phone!! I got my provider to reactivate my good old Bold 9900 for now, since my BB is my ONLY phone, but I was loving my z10 and would be heartbroken if it can't recover especially since i'm still paying for it. any advice?

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha B, 2x Dev Alpha C
My Carrier: 3, Orange, Vodafone

Re: Z10 and water..HELP?!

As long as the water exposure was brief the likelyhood of it working again is good

It's a good idea to remove the back, battery and suchlike so the rice can extract as much water as possible

Place it screen up, then switch to screen down after a good while, then repeat so gravity can aid the process

In retrospect it makes that stuff you can coat your phone in that stops stuff happening good value I guess (they do it on some Samsung Droid thing I believe but understand it can be done to any phone)

Click the like button if you find my posts useful!
Forums Advisor I
My Device: Z10-STL100-4
My Carrier: Verizon

you will definitely need a new battery as the old one has been shorted out.

THE BITTERNESS OF POOR QUALITY, LINGERS LONG AFTER THE CHEAPNESS OF PRICE, IS SOON FORGOTTEN.
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Remove the battery and let it sit in rice or a warm place for several days before inserting the battery. Do NOT insert the battery just to "see" how it's doing. Leave it out for several days. You may, indeed, need a new battery but not always. Even then, sometimes the devices will work and sometimes they won't.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!