Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

My Device: blackberry z10
My Carrier: att

Re: Z10 automatically deleting emails

This is crazy. Why on earth did they release a product that had such an obvious flaw? My Iphone doesn't suffer from this. Blackberry used to the leader in email and they do something like this? Really? Any serious business person will need to look at emails that are older than 30 days as well as not have the phone arbitrarily delete them from the server by default when deleted on the device. I liked the Z10 interface but not to be able to use email is a clear setback for a business user. Back to IPhone for me.

New Contributor
My Device: Z10 STL100-3
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Z10 automatically deleting emails

I have the same problem - messages deleted from the phone -  I discovered that when BB refreshes, any e-mail downloaded from the server to Outlook is automatically deleted from the phone.  I, too, tried leaving messages on the server when downloading to Outlook, but found I was having messages delivered to Outlook which had already been delivered.  As long as you don't download messages to Outlook, they will stay on the phone, otherwise they will disappear.  Also, if you delete a message on your phone, it will be deleted from the server without telling you it is being deleted - not so if the messages have been downloaded to Outlook.   I have been told this is a problem with POP servers and there is no work-around as BlackBerry's O/S changed and now operates this way. Guess we must live with it - either leave everything on the phone and not use the Outlook on the desktop or forget about using the phone as a tool in business.  No wonder BlackBerry's stock is falling, poor customer service.