Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: vodacom
Accepted Solution

Z10 automatically loses any e-mail from inbox and sent box immediately after being read or not

Hi Everyone, just need some advice on how to cure my Z10 from losing anything/e-mail in my in-box or sent box (even deleted items)

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Z10 automatically loses any e-mail from inbox and sent box immediately after being read or not

Hello Victor,

Thank you for your question regarding messages being deleted from your BlackBerry Z10 smartphone.

What type of email account is this and is this email currently configured on a computer using Microsoft Outlook or another email client? 

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Contributor

Re: Z10 automatically loses any e-mail from inbox and sent box immediately after being read or not

Hi FB thank you for the response. I am using Pop 3 and Microsoft Outlook.

Thks

Vic

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Hello Victor,

As I suspected, your mail client is likely downloading messages and deleting them from the mail server on which they are stored. When this occurs, the message is also being deleted from your BlackBerry Z10 smartphone.

Set your Microsoft Outlook to leave a copy of the message on the server using the steps in the following article and let us know if this addresses the issue for you: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB12283

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Sasktel

I have been advised by my email acct provider (shaw.ca) that they had issues that required them removing emails held on their server hence i now know why they suddenly disapeared off my Z10 but my question is how do I get them back onto the Z10/

They are still in the inbox of my email acct...suggestions please.

Contributor

Hi FB so far so good. Items are staying put for the moment. Many thanks for the great advice.

Contributor

Hi FB just a question or tip on how to easily download a ringtone as you know the Z10 has limited ringtones. I found that to download pics taken with the Z10 I have to download the complete BB desktop software and to navigate around it is quite cumbersome.

Contributor

Hi FB

Problem seems to have been resolved. Many thanks. Do I post a query here or open a new query. Problem pairing Z10 to my laptop. Laptop keeps saying cannot detect another bluetooth device yet my Samsung Tablet paired successfully with my Z10. On Z10 I get this message to accept or decline a specific numeric number which changes to a diffrent number each time you try to pair. Strange.

kind regards

Vic