Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telefonica o2 Germany

Re: Z10 can not send emails --- networksolutions. I can receive emails but cannot send

Hei.

Many users seem to have problems with the SMTP outgoing mails. I also tried to delete the account and re-new it. I tried different ports, different security settings and had no success.

There is a problem with the Z10 and the outgoing mails.

Does anybody know if Blackberry works on a solution?

Mostly it seems that the problems are with the German provider 1und1

Blackberry - please fix that Problem. You invented email communication with handhelds and now it does not work?

Best regards

Martin

Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Z10 can not send emails --- networksolutions. I can receive emails but cannot send

SOLUTION (easy work around)  thanks to Arsen and Donb

Problem - POP email is coming in but unable to be sent.

Work around Solution - Mix incoming and outcoming mail servers in setup.

Problem-   my @work.com mail is not sending. But is recieving.

z10 email set up example

Description - Work

Display name - First Last

username - First

Email Address - First@work.com

password - (work password)

Server Address - mail.work.com

port - xxx

SMTP username - alias2   <----- username for a different email provider, I used my home isp account.

password - xxxxx

SMTP Server - smtp.homeISP.com

SMTP Port - xxx

SMTP Encription xxx   <------- may be different from my @work.com server

I used my home isp account to send my work email. The E-Mail till appears to the recipient as being sent from my @work.com email address.

New Contributor
My Device: Z10 and 9800 Torch
My Carrier: Vodafone

I have new Z10 an same problem with all mails from my domains.

Only sending is a problem, receiving works fine.

I ha many years BB 8900 and 9800 and I never had problems to send mails from BlackBerry.

Only with Z10 it will not work!

Please halp urgently!!!!

KHR from Germany

New Contributor
My Carrier: 3 HONG KONG

Also facing the same issue.

I called up network solutions to ask for the solution and the lady asked for my email password,however I didnt give it.

are they allowed to ask for passwords ?

New Contributor
My Carrier: Telefonica o2 Germany

Hei.

ummie4 wrote:

SOLUTION (easy work around)  thanks to Arsen and Donb

Work around Solution - Mix incoming and outcoming mail servers in setup.

Sorry: but send from another account than recieve is definetely NO solution!!!

I want to use the same adress to recieve AND send emails.

This  go-around-solution only can be a solution for a short time.

Blackberry should be able to solve that problem. It seems to be a communication problem between remote smtp machine and hendheld. the provider 1und1 is part of the problem, most communication faliure is between Z10 ans 1und1.

Does anyone know if Blackberry works on the solution? Why there is no statement from Blackberry???

Best regards

Martin

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

mwkdf wrote:

Does anyone know if Blackberry works on the solution? Why there is no statement from Blackberry???

BSCF User Comm.JPG

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Verizon

mwkdf  -  technically in the background you are correct send and recieve come from different servers/providers.

HOWEVER, whatever incoming account you have is still the same one that appears to send it.

Example)

incoming from   ummie4@work.com

(smtp from smtp.homeisp.com, to send the mail)

out going mail was sent using ummie4@work.com.

I am not replying to work emails and my clients think that it is coming from my personal home email address. It still looks like it is coming from my work address. So this workaround is a fine enough solution for me.

My Device: Not Specified

Just confirmed w/Network Solutions that BlackBerry is blocking NS from sending out my emails - I was so ready to love this new Z10 but if BlackBerry cannot resolve this asap i'll finally have to jump ship :-(. Btw I also spoke to the BlackBerry tech support and he's never heard of NS and that they aren't on his list of isp's.