Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

Z10 - can't forward or reply to emails, also group text issues

My company uses a 1 and 1 webmail server and i'm unable to reply or forwarding any emails...i receive them...just can't reply or forward.  Is there a fix for this?  If not, i'll be trading it in.  Also, when i recieve a group text, i cannot edit the contacts in the group as i could with my Torch or Curve.  Also, something that is really inconvient...when in the Hub, if i want to text or call a contact that may be in the Hub from an email that I received, I can't perform this funtion.  Instead, I must go out to the contacts folder and access them that way.

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Z10 - can't forward or reply to emails, also group text issues

what is the name of your webmail server exactly?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

Our IT guys says that it's a 1and1.com server

Guru I

can you try and do the configuration on your Z10 as displayed in this iPhone tutorial for 1on1 ?

http://faq.1and1.co.uk/communication/e_mail/troubleshooting/6.html

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Rogers

We also use 1and1 for our email accounts and can confirm that this is a FREQUENT problem.  Our users cannot reply to or forward email messages on the Z10 on a frequent basis.  No rhyme or reason to the problem and have exchanged multiple messages with BlackBerry tech support on this and sent many many log files from the home.  I've even set up a test account for them on our 1and1 service.   So far no fix and I have already had one user return his Z10 for an iPhone as email is essential to our business.

Really surprised there isn't more about this on the web.  Big let down for me so far and I've stopped further roll outs of BB10 devices to my 73 smartphone users.

Also want to point out that the person who sent the link to 1and1 UK site wasn't very helpful.  That link has nothing to do with email on a mobile device.

msr
Guru I

hello,

I am that person. I do not know what happened on your side, but the link on my side brings a webpage titled "Troubleshooting "send/receive e-mail" errors in e-mail clients."
and indeed, the parameters displayed in that page are exactly the same ones as the ones you must use on a mobile device.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

Hi,

I received my Z10 yesterday through Vodafone UK but having similar problems to yourself. Spoke with Vodafone who advised me that this fault of emails not forwarding or net being able to be replied to was known by Blackberry and a software fix was due soon.....It is really strange as it is not every email that I am having a problem but the ones that I do come up with a red circle with white horizontal line through symbol after trying to send and the words 'Message statusSmiley Tonguerotocol layer was unable to send a message'. The problem seems to be with my 1 & 1 emails. The affected emails don't have large attachments. Do you have any updates on a solution?

This is the first time I have used this forum so I hope I have put this message in the right place!

Many thanks,

Jon

Guru I

hello jonuk,

please read this article from the public knowledge base:

KB34009 "MessageStatus: Protocol layer was unable to send a message" is displayed when sending email with an attachment on a BlackBerry 10 smartphone

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

Hi Xandrex,

Many thanks for your response but I can confirm that this problem doesn't appear to be file size related. I have successfully responded and forwarded emails with large attachments. The one that have come back have no attachments or are not large in size. It seems to be very random with no rhyme or reason....

New Contributor

I traded it in for the iPhone 5 - no time for silly BS and don't have any issues with my 5.  This was really big let down as I was a Blackberry user for years and looked forward to getting the Z10.  I'm out for good - good luck guys!