Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Z10 can't open pics via email

Hoping someone can shed some light on this challenge. I can receive photo files via email sent from apple/bb devices to my Z10 but they arrive as "unknown" and are not recognized when I attempt to open. The same images sent through text open without a problem. I contacted my service provider "Rogers" in Canada and their tech support could only offer to send me to an escalation division who's services were on a pay for use basis. Pretty insulting really given the phone was less then 24 hours old. Thanks in advance. Regards R
Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Z10 can't open pics via email

Scrapper29 wrote:
 I contacted my service provider "Rogers" in Canada and their tech support could only offer to send me to an escalation division who's services were on a pay for use basis. Pretty insulting really given the phone was less then 24 hours old. Thanks in advance. Regards R

That's not true and you need to call Rogers back and demand the escalation free of charge. ANY issue with your device service is covered. Rogers is being a putz.

Meanwhile... I as a fact that all iPhone photos are sent named "photo.jpg", it doesn't change. The next photo is sent with the same name. Let me test this here today in my office, having a friend send me some.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

check ur settings , need to change it there and pictures download automatically
New Contributor

I have the same problem, with PDF files - turning on 'use Windows-friendly attachments' in Apple Mail makes no difference. The Z10 sees the attachments as 'unnamed'. It will download the attachments, but report 'no viewer for unnamed'. But if the email from Apple Mail is opened on a Windows PC, or an iPad (!), then forwarded from there, I can read the forwarded message, with PDF attachments, perfectly on my Z10.
New Contributor

Not when the email originates in Apple Mail ...
Trusted Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: vodafone

Guys same here. All iphone pictures and forwarded PDF can't open. But the pictures will! Just droll down to the bottom of the email and you will see the pictures there. The pdf unfortunately are not able to open. BlackBerry please fix this! But it's only if it is sent through the apple devices.
Trusted Contributor

I meant SCROLL, sorry my Z10 is messing around with the words sometimes Smiley Happy but I love it so much. Waiting for the next software update
Visitor
My Carrier: Fido

Having the same issue with PDF files sent from Apple devices. Is there a 3rd party app that could help with this issue? Z10 is the first non Apple product in our real estate brokerage team. Opening PDF files in a timely fashion is paramount to our business.

Regular Contributor
My Carrier: Vodafone

I got an email with several photos within it. I could see all of them but could not share them and when I tried to forward the email, the person receiving only got the first photo showing up with a empty box with question mark where the other photos should have been.

I am shocked and surprised at Blackberry as the company claims to be the best for business but you can't do what any Apple of Android device can. Forget the workarounds, Blackberry needs to get this fixed now.

Trusted Contributor

Ok after recent update of OS, the problem is gone. I also changed the setting to download pictures automatically in the email. That fixed the apple problem. But when mail is forwarded from ipad there is an issue with attachment, but you know guys, this is not only the BlackBerry issue, it is also android issue,I mean that people can't open attachments from Apple products on their devices in not new to apple users. I got an email with a photo attached yesterday from ipad user, it was again unknown, I replied back to the person saying that I couldn't open the attachment and 1 min later i fit one which I could open.