Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: vodafone

Z10 data transfer

New Z10 arriving this morning to replave a damaged Bold, can i transfer the data i had backed up on my PC to the Z10?

Do i need to log onto the www. maobileemail website to update the PIN?

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Z10 data transfer

Data backups from your old phone were done via BlackBerry Desktop Software.  Once you get your new Z10, you'll download BlackBerry Link, www.blackberry.com/startlink  which replaces BDS.  Once Link is installed on your PC, you'll connect your Z10 to set it up then you can connect your old phone to it to retrieve the data that's on it.  You'll no longer need BDS but don't delete it until you've retrieved your data from your old phone with Link first.

I hope that helps you.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Contributor

As i dont have the old blackberry i cant follow your suggestions

as i pointed out in my initial post

Contributor
My Device: Playbook and Z10
My Carrier: EE

How about transferring the calendar data from my 8900 to the Z10 - it doesnt seem to do it?

Also, what about syncing to outlook?

There is no option in link that I can see?

Surely, BB haven't dropped the ball with something so useful?

Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: none

Hello, 

I am afraid that instead of helping I will complicate this. The BB10 OS does not allow through the new desktop soft to localy sync calendar and contacts through Outlook. If this is what you were using I can only imagine setting up an outlook.com account and synch over the web would be your only option. 

If guys from BB are reading this, PLEASE do come out to us with a clear answer if we are going to have a local sync of data with outlook through USB or blouetooth. This is dealbreaker proportion stuff both for cases like the one of the OP as well as for majority of users who need to localy update sync of their bb phone and their PC. Crackberry is full of this thread and be sure the problem is serious and will affect many people' s decision in getting the new z10. 

Please hear us out and help us out with this one. 

Thanks! 

PD: OP, go through this thread on crackberry maybe helpful in some way: http://forums.crackberry.com/general-discussion-f2/clear-up-confusion-outlook-sync-issue-768712/

Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: none

it seems they have, and I was looking really forward to getting the Z10 but It kind of got me there.... hope we have an official answer soon on the local sync

My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

I was one of those who couldn't wait for the Z10 to hit the market.  In general, I am really very happy with the device BUT my biggest complaint and disappointment has been in finding that I can't sync my Outlook laptop calendar with the Z10.  I am self-employed and my work life revolves around my calendar being up-to-date.  I am now in the process of manually adding the entries from my Outlook to my Blackberry.  I could have done without this part of the plan. 

Please BB guys - get it together on this.  I would have fully expected that BB Link would have been just as functional and more than its OS 7 predecessor. :-(

Contributor

i think a microsoft exchange server email service would solve that problem

sorry for being vague, but i use that server for my emial and it always gives a callander option which i dont use

My Device: BlackBerry Z10 STL100
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

I would like to know how to transfer my pictures from my BlackBerry Bold to my BlackBerry Z10.

Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64
My Carrier: Rogers

GPIJAN wrote:

I would like to know how to transfer my pictures from my BlackBerry Bold to my BlackBerry Z10.

Rhe best way is to use something like Dropbox or BOX, you could also use your computer USB connection to transfer them from or phone to the other, and also you could use the SD Card

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin