Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry z10
My Carrier: mobinil

Re: Z10 dead: red light blinks

the phone turned off after 5 minuets of the green light shown
Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: play

This is not answer of the problem. Please write me, Why after re install software it cann't re-start and just red light blinking? As your advice, after complete the all software update process/update , it cann't re-start, just Red light blinking.
My Device: blackberry z10
My Carrier: tmobile

so ive done this and after a few times of disconnecting it was able to do it last night. it has been working great until a few minutes ago it did it again and now it wont turn on again.

Contributor

I tried the step by step procedure by bb link and autoloader. it finsihed update and load. but when it try to restar, black berry lock show and again red light blinking. it's happen only. 

and sometime its show. 

"Software update encountered an error".  A connection to the device could not be established.

Could you tell me how you did, Did you slove from same issue?

Contributor

The blackberry team must recomend that if red light blinking, it is falut of mother board. there is no chance by software update, autoloader and any other action.

Beside hardware problem, if black berry know the let know the solution way................

thanks

Highlighted
Contributor

This is only Geek Squad advertizement.
Regular Contributor
My Carrier: telkomsel

I have this problem too.... suddenly my z10 hangs..... I did a pull batt then boom..... nothing.... red light blinks like in a disco floor.... Still no solution yet?
New Contributor
My Carrier: wind

that may work for some but for me, link Can't find my z10.  Any other ideas?  all autoloaders I've tried don't find my z10 either. 

My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Entel

Year 2006, June. The same issue, no solution. Six red blinks, pause, then start all over again. Blackberry Link says it's connected but it can not recharge the OS because the update has dfetected an error. Just like that. No solution.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

spoblete wrote:

Year 2006, June.

Ahhh...you've taken us back in time!!

spoblete wrote:

The same issue, no solution. Six red blinks, pause, then start all over again. Blackberry Link says it's connected but it can not recharge the OS because the update has dfetected an error. Just like that. No solution.

As long as your battery is OK (e.g., not defective, not EoL, fully charged, etc.), then if memory serves me correctly, that pattern is related to an incorrect or corrupt OS attempted to be loaded onto the device, and it will not function again until a correct OS is loaded to it. In my experience, LINK wasn't terribly useful for that, but you may have better luck. Refer:

The official methods, which will be controlled as to what exact OS versions you are offered, and may or may not work for your situation:

The unofficial methods, which are cleaner, and allow you to choose any OS version you desire, including prior versions (if those prove more stable for you) as well as those that perhaps your carrier (or whoever it is controlling your offers) has been slow to approve:

Of course, before you start any of this you will want a good backup via LINK, a manual copy of your Device Memory to your PC, and full documentation of your configuration (account credentials, added apps, configurations, etc.). Sometimes, restoring from a backup returns to the device the very corruption one needs to eliminate, and reconfiguring from scratch can resolve that. Moot now, given the state your device is in.

Do be aware of the risks of 10.3.2 however...there are two things to be concerned about. First, be 100% sure that you know your BBID credentials...if you do not, you risk rendering your device useless to anyone, including yourself. Second, once you move to 10.3.2, you cannot fall back to 10.3.1 or earlier via any means (e.g., even the unofficial AutoLoaders can't overcome that anti-fallback restriction).

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................