Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone Germany

Z10 dial tone issue

Hi all together,

can anybody help me to figure out how to disble dial tone when dialing a number (except to shut off all audio)?

Is there a way/shortcut or not possible at this time. It´s anoying to dial a number and everybody in the room is with you....

thanks for your help!

Forums Advisor I
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Z10 dial tone issue

When you use your contact list or your speed dial list, it doesn't have the dial tone. But in the dial pad, you enter the phone number manually, it will have the dial tone. At this point there is no setting for the dial pad sound. But if you only dial with the dial pad and in a room with lots of people, just go under settings swipe down from top and click on the bell icon.. Then dial your number.

Contributor
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: Airtel

Hi, do we have a solution to turn of dial pad tone yet apart from moving phone to silent and dialling.

Visitor
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: Vodofone

Dear BlackBerry,

Please release an update to fix this bug,,not everyone really want to show to the world that they have cell phone and dailing a number.

Please shut this off.

JP
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z30, Z10
My Carrier: Vodacom

manojhosamani wrote:

Dear BlackBerry,

Please release an update to fix this bug,,not everyone really want to show to the world that they have cell phone and dailing a number.

Please shut this off.

Why is this a bug ?.

If enough users request this feature then I'm sure Blackberry will address it.

Consider the following:

Why make a call when the whole world is watching, if it's an emergency, who cares about a few beeps.

This is a tone only heard when using the dialpad, why not add to Contacts and dial from there.

If you insist on using the dialpad, set volume control for media OFF, in dialpad, press volume down until 1 dot on bar, press volume down again "all alerts OFF", dial, press volume up while ringing.