Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Fido

Z10 does not ring when a call is placed to the BlackBerry

Hi,  

I would appreciate some help.  I noticed this about Saturday.  When someone calls, Z10 does not ring at all.  The caller is sent to my voice mail  These calls do not show up as missed call.  Infact they do not appear on the system at all but i do get the voice mails.  All other notifications work ok (Voice mail, updates, email, reminders, calender, etc.)

How can I fix this.

Thank you.

Retired
My Device: Q10/9900/9790
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Z10 does not ring when a call is placed to the BlackBerry

Hello abotia

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Sorry to hear you have having this strange issue.

Can you please confirm if the caller is a regular caller and has communicated with you via voice using this BlackBerry Z10 smartphone before? When did you first notice the issue? Is it all calls that come into the device, random phone numbers you don't know or one person that keeps going to voicemail?

I look forward to your reply.

Goose947

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Carrier: Vodafone

Had a similar problem, contacted mobile company (Vodafone) and it turned out to be poor reception in the area I was in, so the calls never made it to my handset and just got diverted by them to voicemail.

New Contributor
My Carrier: Fido

Hello Goose947,

It happens to regular callers and new callers.  My wife has a Z10 and her calls do not come thru.  We have been talking to each other since May when we got the phones. There have been new calls from smartphones and land lines and these have not come thru as well. It looks like any call coming in.

Just yesterday I was on the phone with my service provider and found out that when I am on LTE, the calls do not come but when I am on 2G, 3G or 4G, it works.  I don't have a clue why or what that means.  Any Ideas why.  Hope this helps shed some light on what is going on. Texts and voicemail works fine on LTE and I can make calls.

Thanks for your help Goose947.

Abotia

Regular Contributor
My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: BSNL

maybe you have the settings for voicemail like that....just revert those changes in the voice mail's setting

Retired
My Device: Q10/9900/9790
My Carrier: Rogers

Hello abotia

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

With the information provided the issue sounds as if it is related to the carrier network but I cannot confirm. However I have been researching your issue and it appears to be a new issue that needs further investigation. I recommend your next steps are you contact your wireless carrier and request to be transferred to BlackBerry Technical Support.

Sorry to here you are having this issue.

Goose947

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

My Carrier: Sask Tel

Hi There,

I just bought my new Z10 yesterday and noticed the same problem. I did get it fixed:

Under settings, select Notifications

On the main notifications screen, there will be a sound slider. Make sure it is on

I had this off and my phone calls/BBM/texts sounds all wereon, but not the slider  above was off. It works now!

This should solve your problem!!

Trusted Contributor
My Device: playbook 16gb, blackberry z10
My Carrier: at&t

Goose947,

I am having the same issue. Have had 3 Z10's which is another story but this problem has occurred on all 3. One of the callers was actually an AT&T tech calling back to confirm phone was working. My suspect is that it is AT&T's network but not sure. Did replace Sim card at AT&Ts suggestion. Beyond that no clue. Callers are new callers, frequent callers, etc.
My Carrier: O2

Hi,

I am using a Z10 and have a similar problem. Phone is connected to 4G. I see all bars full on the network indicator. Data works well. If somebody tries to call me, call goes directly to voicemail and I get an alert sms from my provider that the call was missed. When I switch to 2G/3G only, calls go through perfectly fine. This happens irrespective of my location.

I had various discussions with my provider and they set up traces on my phone. But it seems a defect in the handset as I receive calls on other 4G handsets with the same simcard / provider.

Sad but I'm being forced to part with my Blackberry.

Regards,

Irfan

My Device: Z30
My Carrier: Telus

[ Edited ]

I have a client's Rogers Q10 Model # SQN100-3 with software version: 10.2.1.2977 doing the same thing here in the downtown Toronto area. 

However LTE signal is low - 1bar.  Then at times, it switches to 4G