Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Z10

Z10 email and notification

I've had this phone for 2 weeks now and have grown quite fond of it.

So far though I have 4 picks with it:

1. I would prefer a leave mail on server option like with any old pop client. If I delete the email from the Z10 then it deletes from the server. I did choose the pop email option as the imap option seems to come up default. I use a full-on computer as my primary email location and my mobile device merely as a way to check email. Then in reverse, if I get the email on the Z10 and then go to the mailbox say by webmail and delete that email from the server, it does NOT then sync and delete the email from the Z10. So it seems happy to delete one way but not the other. But still I would just as soon it worked like any other pop client and opt to leave mail on server.

2. I would prefer a way to choose how long a notification might run. ie. getting an email, I have setup the LED to blink. I have gathered that the blink stops after 15 minutes. I would prefer to have the option of having it stay blinking until at least doing the peak gesture. Or further on or whatever. Or the battery dies Smiley Happy But not just stop after 15 minutes.

3. I would prefer to have the option of trimming down the list in the pull over hub list. The list with hub and emails and bbm and text messages and calls and voicemail. I happen to not use bbm or text messages at this time and would prefer not seeing them on that left screen and being able to see down to the voicemail option. I think there's an option to not show those items in the list of actual items but I would prefer not to see it on that pull over list.

4. It would be nice if the supplied clock app showed the current time kinda like the way the supplied calendar app shows the current date. Not running as an open app...just sitting there as an icon. i know there's a clock up top but y'know...it would be nice.

I wait patiently for more apps but that's just how it goes.

Thank you Blackberry for a terrific product.