Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Swisscom

Z10 freezes over night / no unlock / device warm

With my Z10, approx. once a week in the morning (while still being plugged in to the charger), I can't unlock my Z10. I see the blue screen in the background but it won't unlock when sliding up. Also, the alarm doesn't go off... As I was in a hurry I put my phone in my bag (without restarting yet which is the only way to get out of this loop) and took it out about an hour later: 30% battery drained and device was warm. I am on the latest software 10.1.0.2312. Could this be any app running in a bad loop? But how to find out which one? Are there logfiles? I have installed the following additional apps (does someone with the same problem see overlaps?):
- Whatsapp
- Picasa Tool (Android port)
- Waze
- OsmAnd
- HRS (Hotel Search)
- Google Maps (Android port)
- bePod
- Podcasts
- CrackBerry
- Password Keeper
- Kindle
- gNewsReader
- Audalyzer
- PlayCloud
- WebEx
- Swissquote
- World Stock Market
- QR Scanner

Thanks,

Markus

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

Re: Z10 freezes over night / no unlock / device warm

Did this problem start after installing a program?

Before you installed all the extras, was the phone working okay?

If so, this could be a corrupt file, or corrupt program, or something else with the OS.

I would backup the data using the Link software. In the Link software I would command it to do forced re-install of the OS (operating system). I would then only restore the data I need, and see how it runs for a few days. Then I would re-install the programs one by one. I would wait a day or two between each re-install.  If the problem starts again, you will be able to know the cause. If the problem re-occures you will have to re-install again to fix it again.

Jerry G.
New Contributor

thanks Jerry fir tour tips.

while they sound reasonable from an "engineering" point of view I really don't have the time to debug my work phone.

I don't know when the problem started occurring because it only happens occasionally.

are there log files that could tell me more after it happens? 

thanks

markus

New Contributor

I uninstalled three apps (which frequently crashed when using) about a week ago and I haven't had the problem since: World Stock Market, Swissquote and Picasa tool (last one didn't crash, but was an Android port from somewhere).

I am not claiming that these apps necessarily were the reason, but at least for the moment the problem seems gone.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10 (STL 100-2) -10.1.0.4181
My Carrier: Optus

Somebody earlier reported a very similar (but worse sounding problem) which seemed to be related to a side-loaded Picasa.
Disclaimer:
I know a little about lots of things,
yet not a great lot about those little-things.
Ultimately, I'm here to learn.