Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell Canada

Z10 has no audio when paired with Sony SRS-BTD70 Bluetooth speakers

The there.

I purchased some speakers to use with my new Z10, and the cable connection with the audio jack works fine, and my BlackBerry can find and pair using Bluetooth with the new Sony speakers just fine, however when using Bluetooth, there is no sound.  I have tested the same speakers with my old iphone and they work fine using Bluetooth.

Any suggestions?

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: Z10 has no audio when paired with Sony SRS-BTD70 Bluetooth speakers

Hey GregoryDouglas,

Welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

To better assist you can I have you check the services of the paired speakers, Swipe down from the Top> Select Bluetooth> Select Paired at the bottom> Select the Speakers> What is listed under Services?

And also can you pair and use a Bluetooth headset? 

Thanks.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor

Two services are connected: A2DP and Audio/Video Remote Control.

I found a work around to make it work, but it's not pretty Smiley Happy When I was testing, I received a phone call. When I hung up the call, the audio started to play from the speakers. To make it work now, I connect to the speakers, I then make a call, then hang up and it starts working. Sounds like there is some funky code between the bluetooth and the phone.

I have no bluetooth headset to test, sorry.

Hope this helps

Greg
BlackBerry Employee
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Please disconnect your bluetooth device and check the volume of your phone.  Was it muted?  If so take it off mute and reconnect the speakers and try again.

New Contributor

Hi There. It was never muted. Volume is just fine. it only works after hanging up the phone.
BlackBerry Employee

I meant the volume of your BlackBerry when it is not connected to any Bluetooth devices.  I'm asking because of this issue

Highlighted
New Contributor

My BlackBerry is not muted when not connected to a bluetooth and the volume is normal. The issue mentioned does not appear to apply to my case.
My Carrier: tmobile

I do not know what is the relationship but I had the same problem and I realized that when disabling the access using wi-fi made it work. Go to settings - storage and acces - turn of access using wi-fi

Visitor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 "STL100-3"

GregoryDouglas, wondering if you ever resolved the issue. I am having the exact same problem pairing to my Polk Audio speaker. Pairs successfully (audible tone from speaker confirming) and shows paired in my handset. Media output lists the Polk Audio speaker. Neither volume of handset nor speaker are muted. But no audio from speaker. Daughter's ipod pairs and plays without issue.

Also tried antoniojrl's suggestion to no avail.

Am I missing some obscure ridiculous setting that is blocking the audio signal or coding it somehow for some reason???