Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: None

Z10 in Russia

I recently bought an unlocked Z10 in the UK and brought it to Russia. I inserted a SIM card from a Russian provider (MTS). I get the message "SIM card not detected". The SIM card works on other phones. Is the problem the SIM card or the phone?

Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Z10 in Russia

Hey Timothybibbs,

Thanks for the question.

I would suggest trying a different sim card in the BlackBerry Z10 and also contact your network service provider for asssitance regarding the SIM card.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Mobily & STC

I am facing the same problem as well. I bought my z10 from Jumbo Electronics in Dubai and brought it with me to Saudi Arabia. I tried 2 SIM cards (from Mobily & STC) both of which are working perfectly fine in Samsung devices however are NOT recognized by z10. Both service providers indicated that this might be a hardware issue. Can you kindly advise me if this is a recurrant issue with the newly released z10 and suggest how I could get my phone to work. Note that every other function of the phone is working, except for calls (emergency calls ONLY)
New Contributor

I subsequently tried the Z10 in the UK and had the same problem. I sent it back yto the supplier. They tested it and had the same problem. They are sending me a replacement.. When I get it I will let you know if the problem has been resolved.

It looks like this is a common problem with the Z10.

New Contributor
My Carrier: Mobily & STC

Thanks for your prompt feedback

I will do the same and take it back to the shop where I bought it from tomorrow

I will also update you on the progress on my side

i read on the internet that this is NOT uncommon

New Contributor

I received the new Z10 today. Put in the sim card and it worked like a dream.

So there does appear to be a common fault in reading sim cards.

Apart from that the phone is great. Better than by iphone!

New Contributor
My Carrier: mts

m using a blackberry z 10 in russia mts carrier. Bbm video icon does not appear even with wifi,, please advise