Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10 - STL100-4 Software:10.1.0.2039
My Carrier: Verizon
Accepted Solution

Z10 is slowing down more each day... need help

Hello,

I could really use some help.. within the last week my Z10 seems to be either slowing down, or dieing a horribly slow death. I first noticed it when my phone was not acting right, camera cant load, emails are not loading . My first thought was I had too many emails, etc. I looked and I was showing that I had used 13 of 16 GB... so I went through and deleted all my emails, text messages. That didnt even move even .1 of a GB, then went through and check all my downloads... only had about 32mb, but I deleted those also. So the next thing I did was removed a few apps, hoping that might help. Still no movement on the amount of GB used.

At this point in my frustration, I deleted all the apps that were not originally on the phone when I purchased it, and that still doesnt seem to be doing anything. I have a lot of contacts, though they have always been there.. so why the phone is slowing down to what it is now has confounded me.

Contributor

Re: Z10 is slowing down more each day... need help

I am beginning to think I need to just to a factory reset... is this my best choice?

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

You should get an OS update today. Make a full backup with Link, just in case, and then go to Settings >Software Updates and see if you have an update waiting.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

I have been trying to update for about four hours with no luck, though each time it seemed to have moved a bit further along the process i.e,  32, next time 35% before I would get an "unexpected error" message and then I would have to start over.

Now all I have is a what I think is a Sim card symbol showing with the searching symbol circulating... doesnt seem to want to do anything. I hold down the off/on button, wont shut off.... nothing. I have been trying for over 12 hours to get this to work correctly and now I think this symbol is pretty much telling me that my phone is dead... awesome, and I do not even know what to do now. 

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Is it a piece of paper with a folded corner going through a shredder icon? Did you do a security wipe? That process can take about 30 minutes with encryption off but several hours with encryption on.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

Yea thats what it looks like, wont shut off or anything... the computer stopped recognizing the device... so not sure what to do..

Contributor

what do you mean with encryption on or off... and did I just screw it up because I unplugged it from the computer?

Contributor

and how did go from updating to this... I never said touched anything about doing a security sweep...

Guru II

That doesn't start on its own. Did you start a security wipe?

The only choice you have is to let it run its course. If you pull the battery you will have more problems and will have to reload the OS.

Removing from the computer shouldn't hurt it. Just make sure you have a charger plugged into it.

Contributor

Well, Ill wait and see what happens in the morning... thanks for your help, I have a bit more confidence about the phone and this site.