Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Z10 keeps shutting down

Hi, i hope someone can help me. I have had my z10 and am loving it. It has issues but i am sure they will be worked out in time. My main issue is that my z10 has been automatically shutting off when it is locked in my pocket. This will happen randomly even when the battery is fully charged. To restart it i need to remove the battery and insert it again. This also happens when i shake the phone (not shake too much). Can anyone help me with this???
Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

Re: Z10 keeps shutting down

From your description it sounds like the phone has something mechanically intermittant inside of it. This could be a cold solder connection in the circuit board, or on a connector assembly.  Call Blackberry support and get a ticket number for this fault.

I would strongly suggest to get the phone exchanged under warranty.

Jerry G.
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Airtel

Hi there,
I am not sure about the logic behind this, but one of the solutions I found in a forum was to replace the sim. I had cut my normal sim to micro sim size myself and was facing frequent shutdowns (2 or 3 times a day). SOmetimes it used to restart, sometimes just shut down and I had to start it up again.

I just went to the customer service centre of my carrier and got a new micro sim last week, and touch wood, the phone has shut down only once after that. I hope it stays that way.

I am assuming that it has to do with signal reception and the phone trying to do something about it.

See if this helps you.
Contributor
My Device: z 10
My Carrier: airtel

Same thing is happening with my z10, it started from a day when I pulled out battery and sim card when I turned it on,it asked for unsafe login or account,i continued and it started from that day please help me out with this...
Forums Advisor II
My Device: Z10 10.2.1.3247
My Carrier: T-Mo USA

[ Edited ]

Loose battery? I had this issue, shimmed battery with a bit of business card (or as someone pointed out, tape a bit of electrical tape to battery bottom).