Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Verizon

Z10 lack in apps

Was very disappointed when I got the Z10 there is no "What's app messenger" no "Bank of America app" app and no "Chase Bank App" also when you want to connect to Wifi its asking for 8 digits password minimum, what If the password is 6 digits ? Also how do I swipe between personal and business? It seems nor working by me, but more than anything else I don't understand the CEO said at the. BlackBerry 10 release that "we have already most of the top apps including What's App". What's going on?
Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

Re: Z10 lack in apps

As for the banking apps, this has to do with the banking institutions and not Blackberry.

The Z10 browser is very good. You can log in to the banking and stock trading accounts as like on a PC. If you need, you can zoom in to the areas of the screen. I found it works very well this way.

As for the many apps on Android and iOS, I found most of what I saw to be a useless waste of time for me. I found the apps that come with the Z10 are excellent and do the job for my needs. I can look at spread sheets, read and write doc files, and look at PDF files. The personal management system such as scheduling, tasks, and etc., work well with this phone. The tasks and notes can be set up in the Remember section. you can create specific folders as required.  I am working a fair number of hours per day with the Z10.

A very important aspect with this phone is its security. I only use mobile data because I don't trust WiFi. Anyone offering a WiFi service can install systems to monitor traffic and the content of the traffic in his system.

When I use my Playbook, I set up the WiFi hotspot from my phone which connects the tablet to the mobile phone data service.

Jerry G.
Forums Advisor I
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb
My Carrier: Bell

All the major apps are currently on the z10.. the only one is still not out is skype and skype is working on it.  As far as special apps from your bank, you will need to send an email and ask them when they will be releasing the bank app on the z10. I have contacted my bank and they were very kind to let me know it will be out in two weeks.  Since the browser is so good on the z10, you might want to use the browser for the time being to access your online banking. 

For my work, I needed some very special apps, and I contacted the developer of the apps and they are working on it.. As more people ask for them and the demand for the z10 increases world wide, you will see a lot more good apps. If you are desperate to use an app, you can always sideload an android app on the z10. Many people do it.  Once an app that is written for the z10, and utilize the full OS, it truly becomes one of the best platforms for apps.

The  what's app messenger has been out for a while, go to BB world and download it.

BlackBerry Employee
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

What's App will be available to Verizon customers soon.

My Device: Passport/Z30//Q10/ Z10 / 9900 / PlayBook / 9700 / 8900
My Carrier: ATT

make sure you are running BB OS Version or higher.