Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: O2
Accepted Solution

Z10 led flashing and software update error code

Hi, forst time poster and newbie, so please be nice!

I've had a Z10 for three months, and today I couldn't power it on, and the LED is flashing the 1-3-1 sequence.  I've connected it to Blackberry Link to carry out a restore, and I now get an error code on Blackberry Link: Cannot repair due to error: BDSLSV2RequestURL.  Any thoughts?  My carrier wants to take it off for repair, but if I can fix it, I'd be happier.

Many Thanks for your help!

Chris

Blackberry Newbie
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Priv, Passport, Z30

Re: Z10 led flashing and software update error code

Hi Chris,

I don't know what the LED pattern means. However, in your shoes I would hold down the top power button for about 30 seconds until you see the square startup graphics. 

Two additional thoughts... 

1) Did you check that you have the latest version of BlackBerry Link? Information on version 1.1.1 is at http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Announcements/Announcing-BlackBerry-Link-1-1-1/td-p/2393541

2) Did you try restoring an earlier backup? 

Twitter: @sheldonbk
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810, Z10
My Carrier: ATT

I believe LED Flash 1 - 3 is a bad battery...

New Contributor

Thanks ratcat, I think this mathe solution, as the phone won't do anything now, unless it's connected to a power source (be it my laptop or whatever).  I had updated it, and then tried the restore route, but to no avail.

Off to the O2 shop to see if they've got a spare battery I can try, otherwise I've got to hand it over to them to 'repair'.

I'll let you know how I get on!

Blackberry Newbie
New Contributor

Update..  Took phone into O2 store, and they said that they weren't able to check the battery theory, as they weren't allowed to get batteries from other phones for me to try. 

Phone has been sent off to O2 to fix, guess we'll never know the cause of the issue.

Thanks all for your help though, much appreciated.

Blackberry Newbie
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10 (STL 100-2) -10.1.0.4181
My Carrier: Optus

Of course they can't go opening sealed boxes to retrieve batteries from unused phones for you, but surely they had the obligatory 'Retail Mode - Zombiefied' Z10 on display from which, with a little effort they could have retrieved the battery in order to test your issue. You should ring O2 and complain that their Andro-iClown employees have quite possibly caused them an unnecessary expense and you a great deal of inconvenience.. and that you want extra data added to ease the pain. The people at my local store have tried everything short of microwaving the display unit in their attempts to get it out of retail display mode, (with the default password having being changed), so removing a battery and replacing a cable-tie should have been no problem. Excuse the rant, but I think having these devices on display, yet stuck in Retail Display mode is doing the phone (and BlackBerry) a great disservice. The store employees I spoke to were shown how to use the phone and we're indeed impressed by it, yet they haven't sold one. Good luck and I hope your issue is soon sorted!
Disclaimer:
I know a little about lots of things,
yet not a great lot about those little-things.
Ultimately, I'm here to learn.
Highlighted
New Contributor

I know what you mean.  I did ask them if we could at least try the battery from the display model, but he clamied that the display model didn't HAVE a battery!  He also asked me if I was aware that 'All Blackberries fail, why didn't you go for the iPhone?'  HELLO!! I just dumped the iPhone due to the unhelpful attitude of Apple care, who made it feel that it was a Privilege to be allowed to own an iPhone!

Anyway, my rant over.... for now!!

Cheers for now!

Chris

Blackberry Newbie