Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Z10 makes rattle sounds when I set it down

[ Edited ]

Hello,

My Z10 has some  sounds like something is loose when I set my device down.  After opening the back I see two copper contacts that seem to be whats making the sound. If I put my thumb over these two contacts and then set it down there is no rattle.  Obviously it's these two little contact points by my battery. Is this normal or should I take it back? Everything works fine but I paid full retail and it sounds kind of cheap when I set it down.  I just wanted to know if others are experiencing the same issue.

Thanks in advance.

Highlighted
Contributor
My Carrier: rogers

Re: Z10 makes rattle sounds when I set it down

Hi, I have not heard this sound at all. If anything, I say take it back as it might be a faulty unit.
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

I've found that the handset speaker rattles. it's a little annoying but everything works perfectly.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

Please try tapping the back of your set and let me know if you hear a sound like something loose. I have went back to two different retailers and both pulled new phones out of the box and I heard the same sound. Like something is loose. Everything works fine but bothered a little by this sound.
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Yes, it happens on mine. It comes from the top of the handset. When I tap on the back, near the middle of the device it doesn't rattle. It is something near the top, and I suspect it is the speaker. However, the speaker works perfectly, as does the rest of the device.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

I have the same rattling sound on my Z10 if the upper part of the phone is tapped.  It sounds like a bracket or a part of the assembly is not absolutely tight in the way it is sitting.  I don't hear nay distortions in the sound, or see, or notice any affect from this as for the functioning of the phone. Therefore, this does not bother me.

Jerry G.
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Rogers Wireless

[ Edited ]

I have the same slight rattle when I tap the top of the phone- but you have to do it so hard that you only hear it if you do it deliberately.

Edit: actually I can also hear it when I set it down on a hard surface- I just always put it down too gently for it to make that sound usually.

New Contributor

I can hear it when I set my device down and like I said both retailers pulled new ones out and I heard the same sound.
Guru II

I hear it when I set mine down on something hard. Looks like bits normal.

New Contributor

I only hear the rattle noise like something is loose when I set my z10 down on a hard surface.