Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone
Accepted Solution

Z10 not notifying me when texts/emails/etc arrive in the hub

My Z10 is using software 10.1.0.4181, model STL100-2.

Since Friday I have stopped receiving notifications when a text, email or FB update arrives inthe hub, and the LED isn't blinking either. The only way I can getmy hub to update is by rebooting the phone, which is obviously something that's very annoying and not something I can spend every few minutes doing as I have work to do,but I have now missed three important texts from family members today, plus I am waiting for an important and urgent email concerning my mortgage which I can't afford to delay replying to.

Does anyone know what's going on and how I can fix this?

Contributor
My Device: Z10

Re: Z10 not notifying me when texts/emails/etc arrive in the hub

Contributor

Thanks - it doesn't seem to have helped- as others have said, it works for a few minutes and then it all stops again. But the tip for resetting the hub is useful as it means I won't have to keep switching on/off or doing a battery pull.

Contributor
My Device: Z10

Contributor

Thanks, have changed settings as the 'blog' says, now just have to wait and see it it works - will update soon.

Contributor

Okay - things still not working - I am still having to restart the damned phone every time I want to check if any text messages have come in. his is getting ridiculous - isn't anyone from BB reading these posts and able to give a solution to this problem?

I've been a loyal B user for years but am seriously doubting they will be my first choice next time I change my phone (which could be a damned sight quicker than intended if this doesn;t get sorted)!!!!!

New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: rogers

Why isn't this being fixed?  I use this phone for business and I'm not able to know when I'm getting messages unless I refresh. 

Time to switch from blackberry I guess.  Been a loyal user for a long time.

Developer
My Device: Q5
My Carrier: Cosmote

try loading or reinstalling the os if nothing happens then try loading the developers os it might work

Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've already restored to factory setings but the problem still persists.

The problem seemed to right itself last week but it only lsted a couple of days and it started acting up again.

Contributor

Just in case anyone else is looking for help with the same problem, I seem to have found the answer - go to your facebook settings and switch off 'synch events' (I think one of the links given earlier in the thread suggests this). I did it on Monday morning, it's now Wednesday night and everything seems to be working perfectly again (touch wood!),