Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
My Device: BB z10
My Carrier: Vodacom

Z10 not starting up

The phone won't start up. The battery drains in half an hour and when I plug in it to charge the red LED lights up, flashes and the word "Blackberry" comes up but the phone does not boot up. The cycle then just repeats. It's a couple of months old. Probably a hardware issue?
Developer
My Device: Bold 9700, 9790, 9900, Curve 8520, 9360, Blackberry Z10 | iPhone 5S
My Carrier: *

Re: Z10 not starting up

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

That is the first I've heard of this issue. You may need to reload the OS. Instructions are in the link below. However, you should probably give your carrier a call and ask to be escalated to BlackBerry Technical Support.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB33480

VIA |  Elite II

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Z10/Z10-stuck-on-start-up/td-p/2190227

If it's still stuck then you could try an autoload instead, a good write up on how to do it is here.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-10-OS-Device-Software/Upgrading-OS10-devices-using...

VIA |  Developer

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Z10/Z10-stuck-on-start-up/td-p/2190227

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Please thank those who help you by clicking the original button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Du

[ Edited ]

Hi

I've just had the exact same thing happen to my Z10.

Yesterday evening, the internet would not load at all.

I switched the BB Z10 off by holding the button on the top for a few seconds to re-boot it.

Pulled the battery, waited a few minutes, replaced the battery and tried to boot it up.

NOTHING, got a black screen with the work 'Blackberry' across the middle and nothing else, will NOT move past this and will NOT boot up.

Have tried several times to start it and the same thing happens.

PS. battery seems fine...

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 & BlackBerry Playbook
My Carrier: OEM

try hard reset

New Contributor

How do i do that???

Sorry not very good with technology...Smiley Sad(

My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64
My Carrier: Rogers

Tannyz10 wrote:

How do i do that???

Sorry not very good with technology...Smiley Sad(

With phone ON, even if not fully booted, pull the battery and after about 5 minutes replace it and the phone should boot normally

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
New Contributor

tried all that - NO JOY..

It’s been sent to the service centre.

If they offer a refund...will buy a Samsung.....had enough....can’t believe it failed after ONLY 6 weeks....**bleep** build...harsh but true....

I can’t keep loosing data every time it crashes and has to be re-set to factory settings.. Smiley Sad

New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: 33363369

I have the same Problem

so no solution i throw it out

Contributor
My Device: z10 stl100-1
My Carrier: airtel

Hi Guys,

My Z10 started giving me same problem couple of months back. Nothing...hard reboot, battery removal software update nothing will solve this issue. 

Infact there is a chance that the device might bootup but within 30 min or so device would crash giving a blue screen and it will keep rebooting itself. 

I tried everything from hard booting, software update, update using autoloader nothing worked. I even went back to an older version of OS using an autoloader still nothing. 

Finally I took it to service center and those guys updated the OS (their OS loading procedure is little different) and did a security wipe. The device eventually came to life worked for 2 weeks with frequent reboots but nothing as worse as not coming up.

AND finally last week same problem reappeared and I have submitted it back to the service center. This time I specifically mentioned them to send it back to blackberry to find a rootcause. Hopefully they will understand the gravity of the problem and just not return it back by upgrading the software.

And I had posted the same issue in this forum and sorry to inform no one will be able to help you on this.

New Contributor
My Device: Z10, Z30, Q10, Q5
My Carrier: Rogers

I have a similar problem.

My Z10 seems bricked with flashing red LED.

This issue happens on my Z10 (STL100-3) phone. I was trying to load an leaked BB 10.3 OS to take a look as mentioned in crackberry, auto loader name: Z10_10.3.00.0140_STL100-2-3.exe. It failed at the 99% of image loading. Then, I tried to load an official 10.2.1 OS using auto loader, but I got the following:

[       Uploading RAM Image 0x8023902C ] [############## 100 ##############]

QCFMv1/v2 Hybrid File
    containing: Radio

Signature Trailer:
       EC521_512 Signer: 0x48584E51 (QNXH-OS-1)
       EC521_256 Signer: 0x4C584E51 (QNXL-OS-1)
[                  Writing  0x005CC000 ] [############## 100 ##############]

QCFMv1/v2 Hybrid File
    containing: IFS, OS, User File System

IFS/OS Version:        10.2.1.1927 DEV
        Hardware ID:       0x051D0001 RIM BlackBerry Device
        Metrics Version:   3.18
        Build Date:        Dec 19 2013
        Build Time:        17:45:38
        Build User:        ec_agent
        STP Protocol Ver:  0.0.4 (release OS)

Signature Trailer:
       EC521_512 Signer: 0x48584E51 (QNXH-OS-1)
       EC521_256 Signer: 0x4C584E51 (QNXL-OS-1)
[                  Writing  0x0001761F ] [############## 99 ###############]

Error: Failed to load images.

Error: Security error.

I treid many times, same result.

Then, I tried to restore it to factory settings using BlackBerry Link (the latest version) by button "Reload". During the action, the LED turns green. But everytime, it fails when the progressing bar reaches the end, with this message:

"Software update encountered an error. An error has occurred while updating your device's software.

Unspecified error encountered [A:0x00000049].

I have tried restoring / reloading OS by above two methods many times with and without battery inserted (battery has power). SD card and SIM card are not plugged in.

I searched around and tried a couple of ways suggested, including this article (also with A:0x00000049 error,

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-leaked-beta-os-f395/q10-full-os-10-1-0-2342-sqn100-3-a-811046/inde...

but none of them works for me.

Any insight? Many thanks.