Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: Tbaytel

Re: Z10 not syncing all contacts

The issues have been fixed with OS Version 10.1.x.x

They were released this past week and we have tested them and they are working... We are now able to do GAL lookups.

Great news and good job BlackBerry... 

Regular Contributor
My Device: Passport SQW100-3 • Z10 STL100-3 • PlayBook 32G
My Carrier: AT&T

Will the new OS allow contacts on Z10 to once again have a corresponding sync field with Categories in MS Outlook ?? This field synced perfectly on my Bold 9900, but it was called Groups in OS7.
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Z10; Q10; Bold 9900
My Carrier: Verizon; ATT

Ron:

I don't have an answer to your question.  I "thought" I had the most recent updates on my Z10 and it still does not work like it worked on my Bold 9900 (perfectly).  I'm going to follow this link in order for ME to learn how to sync my Z10 with my Outlook.  However, as of right NOW, the only way I can sync my contacts is thru Microsoft Outlook/Hotmail.  

Even now, syncing thru Outlook/Hotmail, the contacts don't sync exactly. 

New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: mtn

i have a lot of contacts saved as IDD numbers which wont come on when i get a call from a local number or vice versa

Regular Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile Germany

[ Edited ]

With the 10.2.0.429 and MS Active Sync the same problem again. The synchronisation stops after arbitrary number of contacts downloaded. Smth like 200-400. One time it has managed to download 1800 contacts, but still not all I have in the Outlook.

Some say the problem lays with MS Active Sync. I think it is still a problem RIM should either own (resolve) or not to offer Active Sync at all. I guess if this won't be fixed once and forever I would need to bite the bullet and get mylsef an iPhone after 10+years of using BB.

Regular Contributor
My Device: Passport SQW100-3 • Z10 STL100-3 • PlayBook 32G
My Carrier: AT&T

Sounds a little strange that you're having trouble syncing with a few hundred contacts, I have 1000+ contacts in my MS Outlook and all 1000+ continue to sync with my Z10 (10.2.1.1055) via EAS connection to our company's server. You may want to discuss this with your IT dept and see if they've imposed some sort of limitation in your profile !!!

My only beef with EAS with the current and all previous OS versions is 2 fold: (1) Not all important fields are being synced (missing GROUPS field in OS10, was there in all previous OS versions and synced with CATEGORY in Outlook) and (2) Whenever I access or edit a contact via my Z10, it pulls it out from its assigned Category in MS Outook. I then have to manually reassign said contact once I log into my Outlook via a PC. Pain in the royal you know what !!!

New Contributor
My Device: Samsung Galaxy S5
My Carrier: Bell

Same issue here.  When I create a new contact on my BlackBerry 10 (Q or Z), it doesn't wirelessly sync over to Outlook.  However, if I update an existing contact on my BB, it will update in Outlook.  Create or update in Outlook and they synch wirelessly over to the BB.

I've spoken with our BES administrator, he tried it and the same thing happens for him.

Any ideas?

My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Net10

i had to export from my google account as iphone or other account because as an outlook was not working the sync. After the export was completed(save to documents if it goes to downloads) i opened windows contacts and imported the file and had to hit enter foe every single contact(just pressed enter like a crazy). Once the import was completed i could do a bb link contacts sync and problem solved. good luck...

My Device: z10
My Carrier: tmobile

i just reactivated my z10 and have the newest OS and can't save a contact at all

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10 STL100-3
My Carrier: Rogers

I was syncing my contacts for a couple of years without problems, then a couple of weeks ago the info from my laptop to my phone wasn't syncing. I updated OS. That's when the problems really started. I lost contacts or info of my most frequently used contacts. I have several thousand contacts and have not checked all. I've spent the whole day on the phone with my phone provider and even after uninstalling and re-installing link it is still not syncing the lost contacts on my phone (they are still on my outlook).