Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: 9650

Re: Z10 not syncing all contacts

I believe there have been fixes in recent firmware releases for the Z10 that fixed most of the syncing issues.

Contributor
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: Tbaytel

No they are still having issues with doing Corporate GMail lookups.  They have fixed the end user issues but not the corporate ones... they are still working on this issue...

the latest version 10.0.10.85 still hasn't fixed the Corporate Lookups with Google Enterprise Mail system.

Thanks,

Antonio.

Contributor
My Device: Passport
My Carrier: Vodafone Portugal

I have an update on my previous post about contacts sync and calendar.

Yesterday i conclude the following:

. My contacts after all are being sync but the Z10 ( or outlook.com ) have a strage beaviour

Explaining better:

. Yesterday i add a new contact ( on my outlook app in the pc ) and it appears on my Z10 imediatly. The same contact appears on my ipod imediatly

. I add another contact on the oulook app on the pc, but the name of this person is the same of another contact i already had, the only diference is that the have different mobile number, different company name, etc; they are different person

. On Z10, the appear only as one contact; it seams Z10 merge the two contacts in one; however in outlook app on the pc, i have still two contacts created; and on ipad i have two contacts

. For other contact, in the outlook app on the pc, i have updated the Company name but on the Z10 the company name didn't chage. However, on ipad contact it was changed

. I did a test of add the fax numer on that contact in oulloook app on pc; the update imediatly appear on ipad but nothing happen in Z10

I am connected to outlook.com with ActiveSync in Z10. For me, there some bug in the implementation of it on Z10.

New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: blackberry

How do one link email 2 contacts, there a link and unlink option but it don't work, pls help
Contributor
My Device: 9650

pedrojesus wrote:

. Yesterday i add a new contact ( on my outlook app in the pc ) and it appears on my Z10 imediatly. The same contact appears on my ipod imediatly

. I add another contact on the oulook app on the pc, but the name of this person is the same of another contact i already had, the only diference is that the have different mobile number, different company name, etc; they are different person

. On Z10, the appear only as one contact; it seams Z10 merge the two contacts in one; however in outlook app on the pc, i have still two contacts created; and on ipad i have two contacts

. For other contact, in the outlook app on the pc, i have updated the Company name but on the Z10 the company name didn't chage. However, on ipad contact it was changed

. I did a test of add the fax numer on that contact in oulloook app on pc; the update imediatly appear on ipad but nothing happen in Z10

I am connected to outlook.com with ActiveSync in Z10. For me, there some bug in the implementation of it on Z10.

Did you state which Software Release/OS version you are running?

From how you describe that, it does sound possibly buggy'ish.

Unfortunately there are lots of different Exchange ActiveSync implementations and I'd imagine there are various idiosyncracies with them.

You're using Outlook.com as a provider?

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

I believe if you have two different contacts under the same name it will merge them. If you have two different entries or people with the same name add something like an underscore and a number, or some type of symbol at the end of the name so Outlook will think they are different.

I never tried this, but in the past when I had similar problems a slight change in the name did the trick.

Jerry G.
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Proximus

Same problem. Active sync with exchange account contacts come and go. Makes usefull. Lots of normal things available in os 6 & 7 are gone. They have still lots to do.

Contributor
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: Tbaytel

Hi all,

In the next 2 weeks you will see a 10.1. update... I've been told by BlackBerry that this issue will be resolved in that update.

We'll have to wait and see at that time.

The sooner the better