Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodacom

Z10 "Camera can't start " after software update

I upgraded my software to OS 10.1, and ever since then my camera can't start, and when it does start it's just a black screen.

Please help.

Thanks

Highlighted
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Z10 "Camera can't start " after software update

Cameras not starting is usually a hardware failure. I've seen it happen many times after an upgrade. Not sure why it happens then but it does occasionally. Contact your carrier for resolution.

Before contacting them you might try the following just in case it is a software problem.

Make a full backup using Link. I recommend making the backups individually rather than all together. Make a backup of Settings, App Data, and Media. Label them accordingly.

Then follow the instructions here:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB33480

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodacom

Re: Z10 "Camera can't start " after software update

Thanks - I ended up returning it to my service provider. After 2 months they returned a "refurbished" handset to me. A month after that the handset would not switch on. The battery died in a normal way and when I tried to charge it, the red indicator light comes on for a bit, then the Blackberry logo appears followed by... absolutely nothing... This happened when I took the battery out and left the charger in the phone...

odd...

I'm seriously starting to lose faith.. in the 8 months I've owned the phone it's been in for repairs for 3 of those months... like, what am I paying for...?