Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry z10
My Carrier: o2

Z10 receiving emails twice

My Z10 has suddenly and spontaneously started showing all received emails twice, although they are not always received at the same time, could be several minutes apart..

I only have one email address registered so I am a bit stumped. Any suggestions?

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BB

Re: Z10 receiving emails twice

Well you do not say which email program you are using. If you are using Outlook (formerly Hotmail) first delete all emails on your phone, then turn your phone off.

Go to Outlook on the Web and delete all emails there, if you use the POP folder turn it off.

If you also use the email program in your computer go to:  Tools, Accounts, Properties for your email program, Advanced, Delivery, and put a check in: Leave a copy of messages on server, put a check in: Remove from server when deleted from Deleted Items.

New Contributor

sorry that does not make a huge amount of sense, as I only have Outlook installed on my home PC, so going to Outlook on the web is not an option I am afraid. i have an email account with names.co.uk which does not provide an outgoing server, but my ISP is VIrgin, who do.

are you suggesting that in order to stop this i need to wipe and reset all my emails ettings everywhere?

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BB

Because you diid not mention in your first post what email you were using I provided that info in case.

Since it is not the case you could check your settings to se if they are correct.

Tap the Settings icon, tap Accounts, tap email account scroll down, you can also tap Advanced.

Deleting and resetting email account is also a option, your choice.

New Contributor

ok cheers will give it a go, i hope this is not another screw up with the latest BB10 OS update!

Highlighted
New Contributor

It magically solved itself as soon as I updated to BB10.2.

So maybe it's not so bad!