Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: rogers

Z10 ringer and alerts off when i remove bluetooth

hi, so i heard about all alerts turning off when connected to bluetooth and i couldnt find the thread anymore once i registered.

When i get out of my car and the built in car bluetooth turns off, all my alerts and ringer dont work when if my phone is on the normal setting and volume full blast.

i have to power off the phone and power it back for the phone to go back to normal. since i work on the road on in and out of my car and its EXTREMELY frustrating.......

can anyone help?

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

Re: Z10 ringer and alerts off when i remove bluetooth

From what I am told and had a few instances, with some types of Bluetooth devices (I don't know which types), when connecting and disconnecting, the ring tones may be muted. The present fix is a battery pull.

From what I interpreted the OS in the phone still thinks it has to ring the Bluetooth device and not the phone.

I found I have the same issue with my Z10 with my car Bluetooth system, but not with my Blackberry Bluetooth earphone. 

Jerry G.
Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Same here no more sound
New Contributor

Are you suggesting that a battery pull will eliminate the problem or just patch it? I power off and on the phone and it fixes the issue but it's on going...m10 to 15 times per day at time. and same problem with my ear piece (wired)
Contributor

Try pulling off battery after this remove every device paired and re pair again

Bb10 need to update soon as possible the device because a lot of people have bugs with this new os

Have a good luck
New Contributor

I'll try that and I hope it works thanks for tip...mi went from a bold to android to iPhone and back to blackberry but it won't last long if they don't fix all the bugs. thanks again for the tip.
Contributor

I understand
New Contributor
My Device: BB Z10

I have the same thing happening with bluetooth and also when I plug the phone into a power source for recharging. It isn't consistent but happens at least 25% of the time. It seems to be triggered if I check messages while it is plugged in but can't be sure. A reboot seems to be the only way to resolve. I love this phone but this is getting more then just annoying!!

Contributor
My Device: Playbook 64GB, Z10, HS-700 Headset

What are you using? Have you updated to the most recent software? Many people had this issue which was solved when the software was updated. 

New Contributor
My Device: BB Z10

Everything is up to date including OS and any apps. I am pretty particular about that so it was the first thing I checked. Not sure what the actual trigger is that causes this but it is a daily occurrence as of late. OS is currently 10.0.10.85.

Not sure... but it will be resolved as there is lots of talk about it on the internet...

Regardless I still Love my BB10!!!