Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

My Device: Z10
My Carrier: phones4u

Z10 security wipe problem phone brick

Dear All,

My name is Ricardo, and I'm writing from brazil, I would appreciate some help.

Last week my mother in law came back from London and brought to me a Blackberry Z10 simfree purchased in Phones4u London store
Im a Blackberry user for more than 6 years and I had many devices, the latest one that I was using was Bold 9900. I was extremely excited about Z10! Just after receiving the phone I was transferring the information to my new Z10 and not everything was transferred so I decided to make a security wipe. The problem is that the security wipe got stuck and the phone simply died, the only thing that happens is that appears an image telling to connect to computer but the computer doesn't recognizes the phone so I'm unable to restore the phone.

I would really appreciate help I already researched the web ways to solve the problem even used this way from Blackberry site, KB33480 without success.

HAving the phone and not been able to use it is killing me!!!

Best Regards!!

Rgds

Forums Advisor I
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Z10 security wipe problem phone brick

I would do the following to see if it resolves your issue. First is pull the battery out of the z10 for 5 minutes. 2nd is to un install BB link from your computer and re-install it.  Better yet go back to your system restore point before the installation of BB link.  Then Follow the instructions again from KB33480..

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do;jsessionid=170045DD66C890EE4812052410E7EE66?...

Highlighted
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: phones4u

Re: Z10 security wipe problem phone brick

No success!!

Itried many times! phone keeps asking to connect to computer and computer doesn't recognizes!

Any oder hint?!