Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Z10 serious sick - USB not connecting - no charge hold, blinking light, resets automatically, won't turn on

A couple of weeks ago, my phone was shutting off randomly, I got a blue screen of death, wouldn't hold a charge and then it seemed to magically heal itself.

This past week, same issues (no blue screen) but my phone has been offline since Tuesday. It doesn't hold a charge, and won't turn on manually. Occasionally it will turn on, but only for about 20 minutes, then it shuts off. When it's off, there is a red blinking light.

Now it won't connect to my laptop (windows 7 64x, service pack 1). It makes the connection noise, then 3 seconds later disconnects. I've tried downloading different drivers, using different cords...nothing. It has also crashed my computer 3 times by connecting.

I've got a loaner phone being shipped my way, but I'd like to be able to back up contacts, etc. before I lose all that information. HELP!!

Retired

Re: Z10 serious sick - USB not connecting - no charge hold, blinking light, resets automatically, won't turn on

Hi kholyo,

What version of software do you currently have installed on your BlackBerry Z10?  Are you able to check for software updates when your device is plugged into the charger?

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Re: Z10 serious sick - USB not connecting - no charge hold, blinking light, resets automatically, won't turn on

I was able to update it to the newest version available from the website, but it hasn't taken a charge all week, so I can't get it to turn on and check

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10 (STL 100-2) -10.1.0.4181
My Carrier: Optus

I had a phone die on me some years back. So I connected it's 1gig Multimedia Card to the computer in order to at least salvage some programmes that I had on it. The computer then crashed, and would do so whenever I connected the card to it. I tried turning the phone on and could hardly believe my eyes when it booted up normally!
Never could format that card though, because it crashed everything it touched. Cost me $99- and I'll never underestimate the power of a messed up memory card again.
Disclaimer:
I know a little about lots of things,
yet not a great lot about those little-things.
Ultimately, I'm here to learn.