Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900 Playbook Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

Z10 slow on 3g

This Z10 is suppose to be faster then the old blackberries but for me on 3g it is slower. I've done my own side by side with my 9900 and Z10 and in my town we only have 3g coverage for ATT. When I use the internet it is faster on the 9900. You would have to think that the new Z10 with the faster proccessor would be faster. I can understand that being in a 3g area is slower then 4g but why is the browser slower then my 9900 on 3g? I could see it only being as fast as the 9900 but I can't understand whyit would be slower. And I don't mean you can see it takes a few seconds longer I'm say it take more like 20 or 30 seconds longer to load the same web page

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Z10 slow on 3g

3g is pretty slow and older java device use a compression method to get pages to come up faster

Z10 uses direct access to web.

how fast is it on wifi? 

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor

It okay on wifi, what you said would make since on the Z10. They say it is faster but anybody stuck in a 3 g area is not going to think it is very fast that is for sure

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

I was on 4g dataplan on mine and switched to LTE on friday and it made a big difference.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Highlighted
Contributor

Until they update the towers around here it's not going to change. When I'm in other towns that have the faster service it is quicker. I'm with ATT but even verizon doesn't have the faster service here yet
Regular Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile

It also depends on what you are living in or where you are. For instance I am on LTE and get full bars outside. Inside my condo 4G less bars. The signal is different. Generally I use my wifi home network when inside other wise on LTE outside this thing flies!
Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone India

I've used 3G on 9810 and now the same provider on my Z10.

On my 9810 I would get maximum download speed of 1-2 Mbps however on my Z10, I am exceeding speeds of 6 Mbps.

It's faster for me on the Z10.

To improve browsing speeds on the Z10, you can do the following:

1. Disable Flash from Browser>Settings
2. Clear Cache and Cookies from Browser>Settings

3. Select singular Network option (2G or 3G) not 2G & 3G

4. Disable your Network connection and Restart the phone. Enable the connection after restart after selecting the correct Network mode.

If problem persists, you might have a faulty SIM card, try replacing the same.
Amazing BlackBerry 10