Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry z10
My Carrier: idea cellular

Z10 software update

Hi,

This is Ankush all the way from India... I recently (one week) got the new BBz10 after BB announced about the software update which helps the OS10 get better...  

I have my BBz10 @ 10.0.10.261 which isn't the latest version available to so many other users... This also has a pathetic battery life that lasts half a day on normal use and 3/4th of a day on less use...

The new software seems to improve battery life and BB states that its carrier dependent... I have Idea Cellular as my carrier and I do not trust them to come up with any new updates yet... 

Please help me as I have invested in a lot into this new device and would like to be treated as every other costumer around the world and not be given handouts... 

please help...

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10 and Playbook
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

Re: Z10 software update

Take out the SIM, attach to a PC and Link and download the latest software version there.

PS. doesn't improve the battery life really....
New Contributor

THANKS KATONYM,

On BB Links where does it show that one wants to update??
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10 and Playbook
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

It should pop up at the bottom, on the tab where the phone is. Should also be able to check for updates in the settings. I updated my software before I got the SIM in it Smiley Happy
New Contributor

Still not working Kathryn... No update popups.... even the phone settings say the same old notification... Smiley Sad
New Contributor

nothing... tried everything on this forum.. but no updates yet... feeling helpless... and surprised that blackberry (who made such a big deal about India being one of their favored markets) have done nothing to solve this issue... sad sad sad...